Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Justin Deas, they might've been able to get but I doubt they could've gotten Margaret Colin, she does films and primetime TV and stage now.  She's pretty busy.

I would've loved Hillary and Gregg to unite.  They were smoking hot in their day.

No offense to Scott Holmes and maybe it was how androgynous they'd made Ellen Dolan but there is no way that John and Lucinda should've had so much more sexual chemistry than Tom and Margo and by the time they got to Dolan and Holmes that's exactly what happened.

• Members

I never cared for Ellen and Scott's version of Tom and Margo. Ellen was never Margo for me. HBS owned the role of Margo. Scott was only good with HBS Margo. Justin Deas bloated up way too much to have been Tom at the end of ATWT run. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Lucinda and John were both pretty sexy though. 

I feel like Gregg was sexy but I've just never seen HBS that way. The only Tom and Margo I saw real sexual chemistry with was Deas and Colin. HBS and Marx were good together, and I thought Dolan and Holmes were fine together until they ruined Margo around the time of the plane crash story, but I never saw them as hot sexy couples. To me they weren't really meant to be that way.

• Members

I started watching ATWT when Margaret Colin played Margo. When she left the role, I was furious, and hated HBS, her replacement. I swore I would never watch the show again. Of course, after a while I came to see HBS as the best of the Margos. Her chemistry with Gregg Marx was off the charts. When Scott Holmes took over as Tom, any Margo/Tom heat disappeared and fans seemed to prefer HBS with Ben Hendrickson's Hal. Scott had more chemistry with Ellen, but they remain my least-favorite pairing. BTW, any thoughts on Glynis O'Connor's Margo?

• Members

That's how I feel.  I felt HBS and GM had a slow burn kind of chemistry, not the stereotypical soap supercouple.  Even though HBS's Margo was kind of a Big Mouth, the best scenes she had with GM were non-verbal when she'd stroke his face or the way they would look at each other, whether longingly or anguished. Anyway, I feel as though Margo was never supposed to be a classic heroine or romantic figure.  She was a slutty character in the beginning so JMO but she was probably always meant to be a bit brassy.

Glynnis O'Connor must have been quite jarring after HBS and I know in some circles she was much derided but recently I saw a few episodes with her and she seemed closer to Ellen Dolan's version but without the androgyny and the hardened exterior.  And in comparison with the junk on today's soaps, I have a lot more tolerance for her understated version of Margo.  

• Members

There was chemistry with Holmes and HBS but there also was with BH and HBS….I thought it was one of the best triangle in soaps. Once HBS left all of that fizzled….and Adam not being Tom's kind of didnt matter anymore. To me SH and ED had very little to no chemistry especially at the beginning….as for Glynis she seemed like another character and actually made ED return as Margo a big relief even though HBS should have returned but unfortunately it didnt happen.

• Members

I HATED Holmes as Tom. Who in their right mind would go from smoking hot Marx...who was the perfect Tom...(all American, nice, sexy a solid Hughes but not uptight, ) to Holmes, who at his best was sharp and humorless and at his worst, seemed downright priggish and unpleasant.  Dolan was a terrible Margo and agree, I like HBS the best...Colin was my first Margo but she was so brash and in your face sometimes it was annoying...(and no one, not even Lisa ever commented on it..) Though Colin and Deas had great chemistry.

• Members

I grew very weary of SH's verging on hysterical rants every time Tom got on his moral high horse. He's the Tom I remember most, which is a damn shame. It's weird, when you look back on the casting---Deas seems more like Lisa's child, Marx seems more in Bob's image, and Holmes's version seemed somewhat divorced from Tom's history---other than his marriage to Margo in a way.

Had Holmes left say after dealing with Margo's rape/HIV story, I'd probably have a better opinion of him. But he did virtually nothing for the last ten years of the show, other than look like a moralistic prig reacting to Margo's story.

• Members

A good episode but unfortunately incomplete.  I don't know whether it's been posted elsewhere on YT:

I know some people thought there was a lack of chemistry between Lindsey Frost and Frank Runyeon but I think they worked pretty well together until the writing for them went downhill and Steve regressed as a character.  I know Lily felt threatened by Sierra but boy did she come off as a Superbrat in these episodes.  

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Marland starting writing them as separate characters and not as the super couple they once were. I didnt mind it. I didnt think LF Betsy needed Steve in her orbit to exist and neither did Marland. I am sure FR protesting about his lack of airtime made the decision for Marland easy to get rid of the character all together.

• Members

I watched an episode from November '89 and saw an actor who looked really familiar but couldn't place him (actually more than one actor) but I looked up one of them and saw that his name was Jamie Walters and immediate that song popped into my head, the theme from The Heights.  I wonder if ATWT was his first acting job?

The other actor is coincidentally also named Jamie...Phillips (he played a character named Kevin who I think got into a fight with Duke at the college dance because he made a derogatory comment about Lien to Duke) but I tried looking up his name but couldn't find anything current or even past the 90s.

I was just curious but I'm always surprised by how many actors who were on ATWT went on to other successes.  It's also interesting to see who went on to lead 'normal' lives after that one acting gig.

Originally, I was looking for the actor who originally played Jason Benedict because I wondered why he left the show.  Does anyone know?  I wished he had stuck around, especially knowing he'd later be paired with Iva.  The 2nd Jason seemed so, what's the word? Bland.  This one had an edge.  Maybe Iva was truly going for safe but they didn't have to stick her with someone so boring, which is who Jason later became with the next actor.