As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Jeremy still had a fair amount to do as a character (he was in the love triangle with Dani and Nikki), but the actor left for school. Instead of recasting, as they should have done, they instead just forgot the character ever existed.

They were teasing a Samantha/Scott pairing or triangle with Kirk for a lot of 1995. The original plan was for Kirk to die. When John Valente came in, they brought Kirk back from the dead, and Scott was put into story with Rosanna, then written out.

I don't think they ever really had plans for Carly and Andy, but I guess that would have made sense (if she was with him while wanting Mike), so who knows. Just another reason why firing him made no sense.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought so. It sounded like Tom said in the episode that Scott was older. Maybe I misheard or it was a writer's mistake. 

Do you think that Jeremy should've been brought back in the final years of the show when they did that Nevins story with Margo/Allison/Casey/Matt? Seeing as his brother did give his mother AIDS.

Andy was fired shortly after this? 

• Members

He left in November or December 1995 and returned around summer 1997 for the fire. Then he stayed for a few years. 

Probably one of about three positive decisions FMB made. 

At the time I was angry about the mass firings at ATWT in summer '95, as I knew that the last of "my" ATWT was now officially dead (which it was), but looking back I can understand the decisions to get rid of most of the people they got rid of, although I do think they made a mistake in writing out Pete and Julie (I would have killed Caleb and left Julie as a scheming widow) and a big mistake in writing out Andy. 

The real problem was the people they replaced these characters with were absolute horseshit. 

• Members

IMO it would have been better for Marland to bring back Chuckie. I don't recall the circumstances of his death but Scott's birth and explanation come out of left field and made zero sense. I remember that fans of the show were in an uproar during the story. They flat out hated it. Joseph Breen was great in the role and I did like a rivalry for Tom but once Breen left the character became useless. I liked the recast but he was a totally different character.

Jeremy was one of Marland's great new addition to the cast IMO. The actor could act and had chemistry with Jordana Brewster. I remember he was popular with the fans. I thought he was also going to be part of the next generation. It is too bad they didnt know what to do with his character.

• Members

Yes Jason Biggs played Petey. I didnt care for the character or actor. As for Julie …it was a mistake to let her go….after the whole Aaron secret came out she was reduced to nothing. 

Andy was involved with Denise and had a child with her. I forgot who wrote him out but another mistake in letting him go once again.

• Members

Yes, Biggs was Pete. I thought he was a lot of fun, and added some life to stale Oakdale without the show trying to make him too much of a woobie, like they did with Eddie Man at the end of the decade.

Marland created Jeremy and Dawn but I think they recast/aged him a year or two after Marland's passing. I do wonder what might have been if John Dauer hadn't wanted to leave. 

Goutman/Sheffer wrote Andy out in 2000. Some might say it was because of the awful fake paralysis story, but I think it was because he wasn't a "man with balls," AKA one of Sheffer's wet dreams, like Craig.

• Members

I think Hogan let him go. Hogan didn't do anything with the Dixon clan at all. Poor John was reduced to a talk to when he still was viable enough to drive story. The man drove story for nearly four decades of the show. I'll never understand how someone could let Larry Bryggman slip through their grip. I would've given him the moon and stars to stay. Especially when all they had to do was revisit John's history with Lucinda and Lisa, thus putting them into a tumultuous triangle. 

• Members

Ugh…didnt care for either character or actor in the role….for me the characters weren't ATWT …they just seemed out of place.

I had forgotten it was his decision to leave the show. He sure was good in the role. Didnt he leave for college in the show and never heard again?

LOL….ummm…it took me a long time to get use to Hunk Block as Craig…by the time that happened his character had become one big joke….

Figures Goutman wrote him out….he wrote out Andy, Scott Bryce's Craig, and Martha Byrne's Lily…..I wouldn't have mind  MB being tossed out the way she was but Noelle Beck was just not Lily….and I would have loved to have seen Rattray back in the role. MB praised Goutman till the cows came in only to be double crossed by him….sad….

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I think she played some parts of Lily well but she was just a little too generic.

There never was any mention of Jeremy again, no. I tend to assume annoying-ass Nikki and Dani made him realize he was gay and he moved to Portland or something.