Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree with DRW50 the show mostly ignored Tom's past before Margo. I also agree that Meg Bennett is an excellent actress. As with Tom on ATWT, Y&R tends to forget Victor's wife/life before Nikki. I mentioned to a woman about Victor's first wife Julia and she was stunned. She had never known she had even existed. The same when you mention to people that Nikki's first husband was Greg Foster and not Victor.

• Members

I've liked what little I've seen of Meg Bennett as Julia on Y&R but after that stint on GH, I was not impressed with her anymore. Maybe because the story was stupid altogether. 

An actress I would've loved on a P&G soap would be Julia Barr. She just had that P&G heroine-esqe look to her. Do you all think she would've made a good Natalie or Carol?

• Members

I never like Barr that much, she was just too "ABC'ish," to me...but they did indeed consider her for a recast Annie Stewart right before that other ABC actress took over.

The Natalie return the Dobson's did was so stupid. She was married to some greek tycoon film producer and she came to town to shoot a movie in Oakdale. She was tied to the Andropolous' as Steve stole her husband's necklace or something (I am remembering a "Green Fire," thing but have no idea if that was it...) and that is how she found out that Jay had kicked the bucket. The part was miscast...(no offense to Zarich but she was not a soap vixen..) and she didn't interact with any of her old family besides bitchy barbs with Lisa, and that was that.

• Members

I never really understood why "movies made right here" was a theme on ATWT and AW in 1981. There isn't much of that story around (Natalie is in the 1981 episode on Oakdalian, and there used to be a clip on a dead channel of Lisa in wardrobe), but I can't say it thrills me. 

• Members

Correct. Natalie's return in 1981 was horrid. As Mitch states, she had zero interaction with Tom. I remember watching and thinking, "What's the point?" The same was true when the Dobsons brought in Gary Hudson as a recast of Rick Ryan.  It was a nice idea, but never really went anywhere - plus, Hudson was also miscast as Rick (in my opinion).