Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

:lol: I think he would have done the story well. He would have been better than Van Hansis. Van was good at the beginning but went downhill with all the hype. He got a little bit better when Dr. Reid showed up. I loved how Dr. Reid didn't take any of his SHT at the beginning…LOL

• Members

Heather Rattray's Lily was not generic or saccharine….

Yes, Nikki was moody a lot but the pairing of her and Jeremy were liked by the fans of the show.

That sounds just awful and depressing…LOL….I liked Nikki more than Dani…I think it was the actress that played Dani I didnt care for.

• Members

As John mentions upthread, John Dauer (ex-Jeremy) has resumed his acting career:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7657426/?ref_=nmmd_md_nm

He also fronts an indie band, The Ruse:

http://www.rusemusic.com

Thanks, Carl.  I had NO idea he had elected to leave ATWT in order to attend college.  I always assumed the decision had been the show's, and that letting him go had been a supreme mistake on their part.

If Dauer has recommitted himself somewhat to acting, then I certainly wish him the best.  Because, yes, he WAS good. 

Edited by Khan

• Members

I didn't know he was back in acting. If that's a new headshot, he hasn't aged much in 20 years. 

He had a very soulful quality, which suited ATWT, which at its best was very soulful and strong in contemplating the joys and sorrows of basically decent people. This is something the show never really regained with the many vapid 20-30 year olds playing teenagers who started popping up around the time of Ryder.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

To me, yes. He didn't have to be, but I felt he was. I remember for months, with the "secret" of Dani and Nikki both wanting him without knowing the other was involved with him, they would each say, "my guy" when they were talking to each other about him. To me it summed up how shallow the whole thing was.

• Members

I need to seriously go find clips on this quartet (Ryder/Jeremy/Nikki/Dani) b/c I am drawing blank on a lot in that time period. Maybe b/c I was more tuned into Another World and Guiding Light at the time. I hate hearing how Ryder and Dani, both legacy characters, were written during this time period. You'd think TIIC would've gave them something better to do. 

But around that period (the mid 90s) do you all think that teen stories on soaps across the board just started to take a dip? 

• Members

Yeah, John looks real good doesn't he? I noticed last night that he had returned to acting. I need to see his work from 2000 on that were movies…Here is a video on his music…its about 6 years old…from 2009….man does he still look good…or even better….I agree with Khan and you about him….he was a great find…too bad TPTB couldn't convince him to stay…and its great to see he is still acting.

Dani was written worse than Ryder. I did like Ryder and Kerr Smith in the role. I forget if this was pre or post Dawson's Creek. The problem with Ryder was the writing and he just didnt seem like a Hughes. I think John Dauer would have made a better Ryder even though the writing for the character wasn't every good.

Here is a clip of Jeremy, Dani and Nikki with Hal and others…..

A nice gem with Jeff…I liked him….too bad his character was again written so badly

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Yes, Marland's original idea was to bring Chuckie back...but when he discussed it with Fulton she said, "Oh, Nancy Hughes buried him and whomever Nancy buries stays dead!" I don't know if that was true as Fulton is a good storyteller. I don't think it would have been too farfetched...with James back from the dead every six months, etc. That would have been great if they brought him back with a returned Michael Shea (complete with plastic surgery of course) the original James Stenbeck. Much better he as an angry teen (Shea filled his head with stories about his slut of a mom) then boring Scott or John again finds he has a child and its boring Duke.  Shea could have come back and worked at the Earl Mitchell goofy center and stated wooing Lisa...( he would be the total opposite of her usual, she would think he was a Doctor donating all his time to the poor so she would be giving him money to help that but of course he would be pocketing it...)

The problem with Scott is that he was GL/Will on downers and Tom was being played by the bland and unpleasant whatshisface so there were no fireworks and Fulton had to work overtime to put any energy into those two.

Edited by Mitch