Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow @ Paul Raven, thanks for posting that summary.B)

I would've liked to have seen that whole storyline of Marcy accusing Dr. Bob.  Most of the episodes posted on You Tube are after Bob's reputation has been restored.  In some episodes you can see a lingering tension between Frannie and Marcy but it is also clear that Frannie has forgiven and both have moved on at that point.

I remember seeing episodes when Maggie was involved with Tom Hughes and then Tom and Margo became involved but I don't think I ever knew that Lyla and Frank Andropolous were involved before Maggie and Frank.  Pretty interesting to reflect on just how entangled the Andropolouses and Montgomerys were back then, whether in love or in hate (Steve and Craig).  Their families sure were intertwined back then!

Too bad there aren't more episodes from 83 & 84 posted online.  Heck, I'd take more episodes from December 89 or January/February 1990!  I never got to see Phillip Lombard get arrested for Brock's murder or Emily's reaction.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

That Richard /John story was ATWT's rip off of Hitchcock's 'Strangers on a Train', which starred Farley Granger who turned up a few years later as Earl Mitchell.Imagine if Farley had have been cast as Richard.

ATWT could have scored some publicity by having a star from the original movie now playing the villian.

Imogene Coca was Alice.She was a huge TV star in the 50's on 'Your Show of Shows'.

• Members

Not sure how long Coca was on the show =matbe 13 weeks?

Here's a quotefrom a radio interview with Helen Wagner discussing the storyline after Doug Marland died.

HELEN: Well, there has been a slight change. It's very difficult, though, to maintain an author's ideas. He left a Bible, so-called in quotes, that he had put together, fortunately, just previous to his heart problems, and we've gone on that now for more than a year. I don't know how much of that is left and how much of what they are doing will be continued. I'm sure they will continue Doug's people, but now they really have to strike out on their own and we've got to just cross our fingers and hope for the best, because that's what we all want.

• Members

Its sad the show fell apart after Marland's death. I am sure a lot of vets were crossing their fingers for the best to no avail. I had high hopes when FMB and Lorraine Broderick were brought on board. I thought they would save ATWT. They started off really strong and the ratings went up but then FMB had to hire her friends and LB writing went south.

The ratings for ATWT after Marland's death were still good/great…I think it was because the bible Marland left was still being used. But the more than a year comment by Wagner makes me think that his bible was over in late winter 94 because thats when the ratings started sliding and the stories weren't the same. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Had to be 83 right? The Dobs are gone as it seems the whole canvas was being used at least more then when they were there and the John/Bob feud was reignited. God..that Craig/Betsy/Steve thing went on forever didn't it? I know we were supposed to think Richard was James  but who was he really? Maggie stared having the boring baby obsession soaps love so much, Frank was hot and the best Andropolous?I hated Jeff and lo and behold, Lyla gets h  hot boyfriend and gets to call Betsy a tramp!!!! This is the most interesting that drip ever was.

• Members

Imogene Coca had the most expressive face (LOL).  WPIX in NYC used to air Your Show of Shows in the 1980s so I got the chance to watch quite a bit of it and the humor still held up (it probably still would today).

Yeah, it is a shame that the last decade of ATWT is posted on YT pretty much without any threats of being taken down, probably because it's the [!@#$%^&*]-tiest of all the decades that show ever produced.  The other decades may have some value, so P&G hordes those episodes.

Last night, I came across the SoapClassics You Tube page and all they had were clips.  I swear it was like 5 clips or something (if that much).  Pitiful.

• Members

I'm quite a fan of the WLS blog so I bet I've seen a lot of their videos already.  I'm not above trying to find some others though.:lol:

At least the WLS page is well organized.  Some other accounts are a mess but bless them for posting anyway (lol).

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

In case anyone is interested in that interview quote with Helen Wagner, the interview (from June 8, 1994, conducted by Peter Anthony Holder) transcript in its entirety could be found here:  http://peteranthonyholder.com/atwt-n.htm

In fact, the same site has interview transcripts of several other ATWT actors, all conducted in the first few years after Marland's death:  

Eileen Fulton (6/21/1995):  http://peteranthonyholder.com/cjad12.htm

Don Hastings: (5/9/1994): http://peteranthonyholder.com/atwt-bob.htm

Tom Wiggin: (5/29/1996): http://peteranthonyholder.com/cjad20.htm

There is also a much shorter interview (6/11/1996) with Julie Poll, who wrote under Marland then authored the ATWT Complete Family Scrapbook: http://peteranthonyholder.com/cjad25.htm