Y&R Week of September 13th

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised that Jill was the one who gave the speech and not Katherine. While Katherine was having one of her spells, I wanted to yell 'It's not about you Katherine!'.

Have Neil and Mac shown up to pay their respects or not? It would be odd to not have them there during this.

• Members

Given the bitchy "Not now, Jill" Granny Chancellor barked at her on Monday, I'm surprised we didn't have more "hilarity" featuring a Jill meltdown while everybody rolls their eyes.

I know I'm alone in this but I'm going to miss Chance. He may have porked Feather but he was a decent character who actually wanted to do good by people. And Y&R is so lacking in somebody frontburner whose priorities are in the right place.

Now, honestly, do Barftoria really need to be at this wake making it all about them and their shotgun wedding and ohmigosh FauxToria's pregnant and isn't Grambo just so mean? For [!@#$%^&*]'s sake, this is about paying Nina their respects and mourning Chance. This vile pairing literally referred to Chance once the entire episode. Chompers flashed his veneers -- waca waca! -- and smarmed about how he'd given "my nephew" a hard time when he was alive. CokeToria managed to wake up for about half second to drool "Um. I never really knew Chance." So why are you even there, pinhead?

• Members

I've never gotten the appeal of Jess Walton on Capitol or Y&R. And now that she's more mature and rubineque, she's even less appealing as Jill. Give Colleen Zenk a boob job and move her to Burbank...she'd make a great Jill. Think of her chemistry with Victor, Jack, etc. And Jon Hensley would make a great Phillip. I'm glad Thom Bierdz is an out actor and that Maria Bell loves him...but he's more painful than ever to watch on screen. He's not an actor...

I could go on...Eileen Fulton as Kay's long lost sister...or Gloria's mother! What a hoot that would be.

And please, Jeff Branson and Eden Reigel need to go....both are totally miscast in these current roles and annoying to watch on screen. Even if the plot wasn't so dumb, I don't think they would work in these roles. Jeff doesn't show much of a range (nor did he as Shayne...did he ever have a full page of dialog on GL?). Eden isn't buying the crap they are giving her.

And don't get me started on Tucker's glasses, Neil/Sophia sparring...it's so lame.

I know Branco and Bibel have been lauding the show lately but it's not that much better than the horrid spring storylines. Did I say I don't miss Adam and Skye running a hedge fund??! Oye...Bill Bell...it's a sad day on this show.

• Members

I think we had good performances all the way around today, except for one person:

Tricia was great, as usual... and so nice to see Brock, let's PRAY the writers don't have him leave, now that Kay has had another one of her "attacks". Jess and Thom were great today, loved that Jill actually said something NICE about Esther for once. When they handed Nina the flag and taps was playing, it was just heartbreaking. I said chompers wasn't good today, I missed out on my daily bash of Riegel.. "Owen? I trusted him".... WOW, Eden darling, understated disbelief is NOT what the scene called for. A little bit of shock and some outrage and anger might have been appropriate. Yesterday, when Billy Miller uttered that line "I don't do sad well"... I just let out a guffaw, and said "Damn RIGHT you don't!".

Archived