Y&R Week of September 13th

• Members

Here's a question. Chance is going into witness protection, and he says that nobody can know he's alive. WINTESS PROTECTION means that he has to testify in court at some point, then the crooks will know he's alive at that point? No? He's a Chancellor, for God's sake, Katherine can buy him a rural estate and hire enough people and sophisticated security to keep him safe, while still able to see his family. Why not do that? After all, the WHITE HOUSE has that type of security. Sure he won't be able to walk around in a shopping mall ever again, but it's better than leaving everyone you love behind, isn't it?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Epic win!

I'm actually pleased Chance is alive and well and not at the bottom of a lake or cliff even if this ending was lame.

Actually sure we'll most likely see Chance pop again later this year or next year played by some ex-soap hunk. Or perhaps we'll see Van Hansis in the role of Chance, and we'll find out that Chance is gay, and it'll be retconned that like father like son........

• Members

Now I could get behind that. Definately not Van Hansis... I couldn't see him playing ANY straight character, he's too much of a snotty bitch princess. He'd make a great gay Scotty Grainger, though. Now... we NEED to give Michael Fairman some honorable mention today. That scene with Kay and the "pulling the plug" discussion was touching, and he pulled a really great performance out of his ass. I have to know one thing.. what was Jess wearing around her neck? It looked like a piece of electric fence wire that I hit last week with the brush cutter!! WTF?!

• Members

Even though this Chance drug story was so dumb & filled with plot holes, I did enjoy Tricia Cast very much, as well as performances from a few others.

I really wish this show was more interesting. Between the all the movies & shows MAB is ripping off to the face half the characters could leave or die wouldn't miss them cause so many are either boring or annoying.

• Members

I have to say, this week had some enjoyable moments! Tricia Cast really acted her a$$ off this week! I was also surprise at how quickly they were able to arrest Pomerantz and the other bad cops, I really thought that was going to be dragged on for a while. But yeah, i was pretty shocked that Chance was still alive, but even though i never really liked John Driscoll in the role, i hope that he actually has everyone find out he is indeed alive, even if it stirs up even more conflict between characters.

Melody, despite my issues with her, i'm glad that her screen time is increasing (somewhat) despite the fact that this alcohoic storyline is recycled from the early 90's, though they may be a good thing cause i remember reading an interview where Melody said when they did that story before, they didn't really focus on the rehab progress, and that she wished if she ever had a relapse (like she is doing now) they do it that way to end the story more realisticly. so apparently somebody in the writing room actually gives a D*** about her wishes.

Archived