Y&R Week of September 13th

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, we now can thank Liz Foster for the break-up of Billy and Mac. :wacko: Jill only barely made it to the reception after Billy and Mac were gone.

And could we have a more spineless twinkle toes villain in Owen Pomerantz with a Richard Moll impersonator cracking jokes to boot?

• Members

Y&R is such a crappy show.

It's been months since I tuned in, but I wanted to see how Ma Bell would dispatch Chance and I wasn't disappointed. She harpooned the character, gutted the writing and left Tricia Cast to flail and scream with the best of 'em.

Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton, as DeeeDee predicted many weeks ago, got NOTHING to play with. Jeanne's acting is actually bad, as if she's trying to punish the audience. At least I can say of Jess Walton that she's phoning it in because she's been given nothing to work with and you can only spin sh*t into gold for so long before it becomes soul sucking. That's the point Jess Walton must surely be at, she's phoning it in out of artistic survival, unlike, say, Joshua 'Ape Man' Morrow and Michelle 'ARE DOTTER!' Stafford who haven't done good work since 2003 simply because they know their contracts will save their sorry asses.

Nice to see MTS get thrown a bone with the Sean Young Boozing Nikki Up storyline. She's doing great work.

But please, tell me, who hates the actresses on this show, EVERYONE looks bad. Not one actress is looking good.

And finally, Eden Riegel can kiss my ass, she's a horrible actress whose only purpose on AMC was to show that Susan Lucci could actually have a 'boring, normal' daughter.

• Members

Don't remind me. I'd like to slap the sh!t out of Maria for destroying Liz Foster's character on her deathbed. And all the bitch had to do was write the scene a little different! instead of Liz knowing all along, they should have just had her tell Jill that she hired an investigator to find her father, and that was the reason for her visit... she was COMING TO TELL HER. so you get your big reveal, and Liz stays the honest, decent person she's supposed to be.

I actually find Albie Selznick to be kind of a cutie pie. Do you know he's in this video??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KGHywiLiqE

• Members

She's all in "grief mode" today, but Hendrickson usually looks pretty good, and Laura Stone, who plays Skye... is the only actress who consistently looks fabulous on this show. I'm dying to know if she has a "Dickson clause" in her contract. And your'e right, I can't even find the words to describe how bad Eden is. I'd go so far as to say she's worse than Hayley Erin was!

• Members

And Maria didn't even give Snapper & Greg time to grieve.

They were treated like dayplayers & basically discarded literally as SOON as Liz cold dead corpse was wheeled out of the room.

It was so ugly & disrespectful.

Maria/Hogan/Hamner/Rauch should be ashamed.

• Members

Liz Foster's character has been horribly decimated. Hogan just whipped out little Hoagie and pissed all over decades of this foundation character's history. I would have much rather had Liz come back to help her "dear friend" Kay and have Jill torn between these two mother figures.

One thing about Jill yesterday -- she and Jess Walton were fierce. Fierce in their strength and sorrow. I *LOVED* the way Jill stood by Nina when the police came to search through Chance's room, I loved the way she excoriated the policeman and ordered Esther to make shure they didn't steal anything. Loved the way she held onto and comforted Philip. I'm so glad Kay was stuck in her room so that Jill could get the Chancellor family together like the grande dame she is. Also, she had a bit of cleavage going on that reminded me of the Jill of old, tee hee.

And Tricia Cast -- I don't know how people think she is over-acting. Watching her cry, it's like she isn't even acting at all but genuinely sobbing like her heart is broken.

Archived