Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Truth be told, Dallas hasn't been the same since Jim Davis died! Completely off topic, but I truly feel Dallas lost a lot of its uniqueness with JD died, and all the Texasness got scrubbed clean. This Dallas they didn't really even really have accents much. I will miss it though, because it was great to see Bobby Ewing again. I do think the show got Bobby right, if not much else.

• Members

Jim Davis' death was a huge blow to Dallas, but his death also led to the two best seasons the show ever had. That's the type of tribute Larry Hagman deserved, which cemented Jock's importance in the fabric of the show AND propelled future story for years to come.

• Members

LMAO! I really wanted that show to work because primetime soap opera but it was so boring. Thus I knew DALLAS didn't stand much of a chance with the same showrunner. Only thing I kinda liked on CANE was that implied incestuous relationship between uncle and niece (which I thought was rather daring for a network show a few years back)? Or something. Who knows, I forgot!

Archived