Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm kind of disappointed. I still haven't watched all of season 3, which admittedly says a lot about my waning interest in the show. I will echo what others have said: I felt like Elena and Christopher were both miscast and not enough of the show's history and characters were used and used well. I'm glad I got to see JR and Suellen again and to see a proper send off to JR when Larry Hagman died. Josh Henderson was the bright spot in the show among the new characters/actors, and I hope he continues to get work.

• Members

I only watching a few episodes here and there, but there was absolutely no pizzazz to this show. It was the epitome of generic, half-assed, and sterile writing and performances. I don't think anyone that wasn't from the original cast appealed to me.

I only watched a few episodes from each season, but this show just NEVER gelled.

• Members

I'm sorry for the viewers who loved the show...but I can't say I'm surprised to hear this news.

I think David Jacobs had several good ideas about how the new series should have been launched. In his opinion, John Ross should have been more like Bobby, trying to atone for JR's evil deeds, and Christopher, as the "outsider" who wasn't a Ewing by blood, should have been more like JR. Thus, you'd have more than one level of conflict: John Ross vs. Christopher, Bobby vs. JR, JR vs. John Ross, and Bobby vs. Christopher.

Also, DJ felt Ann Ewing should have been more of an "outsider" to the Ewingses and their peculiar way of life (as Pamela had been for the audience in the original series). Instead of coming from Texas, he said, she could have been a New Englander or someone from the East Coast, or even someone with an entirely different ethnicity.

There were so many ways to make this series more interesting, IMO, but nothing would have made any difference against some truly awful casting.

• Members

^ No offense to Judith Light, but the use of "u" in place of "you" and "ur" in place of "your" or "you're" drives me insane. Ditto "luv" for "love." I realize that twitter places limits on your characters, but come on - be creative. It isn't that hard to use real words.

Archived