Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am woefully behind on this season of Dallas, so I've avoided this thread but I stupidly followed their facebook page, and the whole Christopher death thing was spoiled for me the day after the finale aired. Thanks, Dallas.

I hope he really IS dead because Jesse was just wooden and woefully inadequate in that role. I hate that we've reached a point as viewers that when a character dies, we all go, "Well, we didn't SEE the body - he could still be alive!" I hope Cidre doesn't go that direction and pull a big fake out with Christopher being alive somehow. Back from the dead twists are no longer twists, and they're no longer shocking.

• Members

She is such a moron she didn't even realize people wouldn't think Christopher is dead due to the explosion. She knows nothing about soaps. It annoys me seeing smart soap pundits say how great she is and how she should be writing for daytime. She would kill any soap she got her hands on. Now she's admitting that she didn't know Katherine was alive and is going to retcon that. She can't even get basic facts right and it's obvious the select seasons she watched were the later years if she's bringing the McKay family back (which is fine IMO).

Everybody is going on about the renewal, but if it's going to be more of the same what is the point? If they keep her ratings will keep going down. This is truly one of the worst shows on television.

• Members

The McKays sucked....didnt care for any of them during the original run....they should have brought back all of the Ewing kids....from a better cast Christopher, Lucas Wade.....Charlie....Jeanna's daughter....not a Ewing but still....Donna and Ray's daughter....Callie's kids with JR.....and yes another Ewing son by the Winger tramp Mandy......then they should have introduced the offspring of the original cartel instead of the spanish crap we got on the new series.....the feuding would have been there all over again without JR present......hell they could have even brought in a daughter of Katherines that was not JR coming back for revenge against Bobby and Christopher....

• Members

I forgot to mention that Judith Light (who I think plays Emma's grandma) was just fantastic. Like the entire season and then she started right back up with the second half .The look of horror and complete breakdown when Emma was kidnapped was just amazing. I literally couldn't keep my eyes off her.

This show needs to bring some real male rivals for John Ross. That ending scene with him and Momma Ryland was just perfection. But John Ross vs Patrick Duffy is not what should be going down in Season 3...at this point they should have made Bobby more of a bystander or off in his own storyline.

• Members

Don't get me wrong...I like Patrick Duffy and Bobby is a good part of the past and important. But he should be a rival with Emma's dad. Rather than fighting with John Ross. But then again the inter generational fight is also a nice dynamic to have.

I just think it would just be great and exciting to see some youth and vigor in a real rivalry between John Ross versus an equally dynamic family member.

• Members

Actually Bobby/JR/Sue Ellen were suppose to be supporting roles but they didn't pan out because of the writing and the lack of talent on the younger actors. Jesse Metcalf was badly miscast as Christopher. I have no idea what moron cast him the role. The rivarly should have been between John Ross and Christopher but that never worked. Jordana Brewster was suppose to be Sue Ellen but her and Josh didn't mesh well at all either so they were dropped...again bad casting....Jordana is limited as an actress. It became obvious only Pamela was the character that had the it factor the old Dallas actors had so she was paired with John Ross yet they were more Bobby and Pam or were they more JR and Sue Ellen...hard to tell...

I am fine with Christopher gone..he can return with a new face and a recast if they want but a rivalry between Lucas Wade and John Ross would be great...maybe Lucas is more like his dad than Christopher....

• Members

This.....

Both of these plot teases were boneheaded moves. Learning that J.R. had an illegitimate daughter is all well and good (and not terribly surprising, given his insatiable appetite for the ladies) but why go there when his other two sons (by Vanessa Beaumont and Cally Harper) were never brought onto the new show to challenge John Ross and Christopher and demand their shares of their father’s fortune? For that matter, Christopher has a brother (Bobby’s son by Jenna Wade) who has never been mentioned. And where are their cousins Bobby and Betsy, the children of Gary Ewing and Valene?

And this plus Josh being the best thing about new Dallas

I would like TNT to continue the show, but only if the network is determined to make it better. If TNT cancels “Dallas,” I hope it will at least commission a movie that satisfyingly wraps it up once and for all. And while I’m compiling a “Dallas” wish list, if TNT cancels it wouldn’t it be great if CBS picked it up, hired a new writing team that understands what made the show so appealing in the first place, fixed everything that went wrong with it and gave it another go – on Friday nights? I have to think the CBS audience would enjoy it all over again if “Dallas” were done right.

- See more at: http://www.mediabizbloggers.com/ed-martin/277599601.html#sthash.yo4OlZE7.dpuf

• Members

They cast Metcalf cuz acting aside the guy is fine as hell and definitely has some sex appeal (see Passions and Desperate Housewives). That being said he just wasn't electric on this show and Christopher came across slow and weak on this show.

Elena is also someone who just whines and comes across as a constant victim rather than someone I can root for.

And yeah I know the trio of Sue Ellen/Bobby/Pam were meant to be supporting. And they can still be supporting if they had a large cast of young, talented people to actually maintain several storylines concurrently. I think that's the main problem with this show. There's always just one big story going on rather than several different threads/stories involving different sets of people.

Archived