Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I agree about Sue Ellen. This is one of the main reasons I wanted Gary to stick around. IMO one of the best ideas this show had was the way they reintroduced a down and out Gary. He has always had chemistry with Sue Ellen and with JR gone she does need a love interest. I wouldn't necessarily have them as a true couple, but just a toxic friendship and flirtation would be enough to build tension with Val (Sue Ellen needs a sparring partner) and you also would solve the complaint of not having enough Ewing's. With Gary's history drinking you could have him and Val drinking together and causing trouble. Also you could easily give Lucy an offspring and include them in the mix instead of the endless supply of Ramos' and people related to them.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed about Sue Ellen. Her scenes were laughable and a complete joke. I'm sorry but one little justified b*tch comment from Rebecca (which my girl totally rocked this episode) and she's chugging down volumes of dark liquor just like that? She literally consumed like multiple bottles in the span of 10-15 minutes of real time and I was like "WTF".

The three way wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. I knew something was off the moment I saw Rebecca's face as she looked at John Ross. Guy is just such an idiot. I don't understand Rebecca's motives. Is she really trying to kill herself or is this just to get revenge on both of them and send them away for drugs or something?

The Nicholas guy lying to Elena is so annoying cuz it makes me feel bad for Elena. And it came out of left field

• Members

Watched last night for the first time since I lost my JR. How much more pathetic can Sue Ellen be? LG has to be tired of this? I hope she burns to a crisp in that fire.

Oh, and let's get two chicks to make out before one of them almost dies because she took pills. That oughta really get the audience going. So soapy. Only not! That was for shock, and it was stupid. So far beyond ridiculous.

Ugh! Change the name of this show. To call it Dallas is blasephemous!!!!!

• Members

Disappointed with the mid season finale... I didnt care for the whole Christopher storyline with the Ewing worker and his family...so boring....this was so much better with all the dots being connected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4P9jiSK7xg

• Members

This is where the split schedule kind of disconnects you from the action---Sue Ellen's been drinking since JR's death. And actually, I think it predates that even---I think since she lost the Governor's race. And since we picked up the action at the start of this mini-season six months after JR's death (I think---I just remember Christopher's beard magically appearing when he became a lumberjack in the opening scene) she's been sneaking drinks that long, and PamBecca and John Ross have been married six months--they had another ceremony at SouthFork for family & friends.

I thought PamBecca's near catatonic meltdown was more ridiculous. Why, oh WHY, couldn't she have backed up her snarky assed reaction with SueEllen and Ann, and actually gone in with guns blazing when she found Emma and John Ross together. Maybe not literally with a gun, but ready to pull the rug out from under his cheating ass.

And then there's Bobby chewing out Ann for yet again "keeping something from me". Uh, Bobby, much as I love you...does Ann know you set up Cliff for JR's murder? No? Lawyered. Not that you can't kick her ass to the curb and find someone less Stepford--wifey...but damn dude. Pull out the big guns for something important.

• Members

It's actually pretty watchable. I watched originalDallas, but I don't have much of an attachment to it. It was camp, so I don't expect much more from this version. Christopher and Elena aren't overwhelming the show, which I think makes it more palatable to me.

I was going to add---can't TPTB do something about that scar of Julie Gonzalo's? It distracts me on a good day---if PamBecca is worried, it's almost scary. Looks like she got cut in a knife fight or something.

• Members

The cliffhanger started out strong but was weak and I don't know the Rebecca scene could have played out more dramatically I think. It felt very rushed and awkward the way it went down.

And I'm a bit confused as to who actually is in danger at Southfork. Cuz Sue Ellen had left right and was drinking in some hotel room from what I could tell but I was momentarily distracted inbetween her consuming 12 gallons of alcohol so I may be mistaken.

And Ann was gone kissing Ryland. So from what I can tell that leaves only Bobby and Christopher at the ranch and in true danger.

Archived