Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rebecca's mom is such a hot mess but I can tell she cares for her daughter. That being said I need more of her versus Sue Ellen lmao.

And I go back and forth on whether I sympathize with this Emma check. Part of me thinks she's batsh*t crazy, coocoo for coco puffs, out of control and I don't care about her at all. But then another part of me wonders what kinda damage her grandma and father did to her while growing up emotionally and I go a little soft on the heffa. Also I do realize some people have mental illnesses that can't be helped but thats why she's got medicine. I wish she'd take the ish and get some control.

That being said the way she commanded John Ross in that last episode was absolute perfection. And the scene that happened between her and the grandma at dinner regarding "the gilrs"....priceless.

• Members

Caught up on Episode 4 and 5. Love me some Judith Light.

Emma is just what the show needed.

I can't believe this is the same show I watched last year, honestly. It's definitely far far improved.

And dead at Hunter McKay, the partying fratboy. Carter's grandson. Nice tie in, honestly, and I could picture Carter dealing with this type of a grandson.

I'm still disappointed by the blink and you miss them cameos by Afton, Lucy and Ray. Seriously, how wasted are they? At least they attempted to give Lucy and Ray a few more lines this time. You'd never even realize Afton was there. At least they're appearing, I suppose.

Also loving how pivotal and important Sue Ellen is again, and her hiding that flask is perfection. Loved how she betrayed John Ross with Bobby. So good. I love her conflict and how we're seeing it. Much improved on this front, big time.

Meh to Ann and I loved loved loved loved Emma tearing into her and asking what her purpose is around here. I'm constantly questioning that.

I also feel bad for Rebecca. Elena and Emma are only her friends for their own purposes. I can't wait until her inner bitch comes back out, but I also wouldn't mind her and Elena truly teaming up and becoming close.

I think Nicolas has been a pretty good addition, actually.

• Members

Yeah I like Nicholas cuz in all honesty I don't even view Christopher as a valid threat to John Ross...at all. The partying frat boy you're referring to is it that "Bo" character who is a cattle herder but then ends up working for John Ross? Sorry if I spoiled anything....I'm not too familiar with the original show so I'm not sure who "Carter" is but I'll do some research when I get free time.

• Members

Carter McKay was played by George Kennedy for a few seasons towards the end of the original Dallas. Hunter McKay was the young guy who develops games that John Ross was friends with. Bo is the farmhand who had the kid with Heather, who's seeing Christopher.

• Members

I couldnt stand Carter McKay. Those were the weak years of Dallas. I wish they would bring on Lucas Wade instead. It would be more interesting to see him fight for his right in the company against John Ross and Lame Boring Christopher.

• Members

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I always felt like Carter was brought on to take Cliff's place, basically, even though Cliff was still around, of course. I dunno, the last few years were definitely Dallas at it's weakest.

I want Lucas Wade too. He should have been Tommy in S1. I think the actor could have been perfect. Maybe they can cast him as Lucas and have Rebecca flip her [!@#$%^&*] at seeing him.

And why the hell are Lucy and Ray ALWAYS together? lol

• Members

Afton: I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree huh Sue Ellen? After all the despicable things JR did to you through the years I'd think you'd taught your son better than this.

(Sue standing up from couch) Sue Ellen: Just so you know Afton the most despicable thing JR ever did was YOU!..

Afton(going after Sue Ellen); How dare you! How dare you!

LMAO..great scene!

• Members

The Sue Ellen and John Ross scenes were great! and Afton slapping John Ross from behind...lol

Yes it is much better than the last 2 seasons. I only wish LH were still alive to be part it. Its too bad the ratings don't reflect the better quality this season.

• Members

Not to me. I feel the way they've written Afton has been completely out of line with the way she developed as a character. It's a major step back for the character. I understand that Cliff has gone bad, which is plausible, but Afton always admonished Cliff's wrongdoings, which is why she left him the first time and why she hid that he had a daughter from him. Considering how Sue Ellen was back in the day, I'd say she was more of a slut or home-wrecker than Afton was.

• Members

LOL. I missed that Afton/Sue Ellen exchange for some reason. Dang.

I agree with you about Afton, though. I think the characters from the past used as props could be used a lot more effectively with a bit more character depth. If the fans of the show now weren't fans of the show then, how on earth and why would they even care about Lucy, Ray or Afton? That's always my problem with any show that relies on familiar faces, yet does nothing to make them familiar to the new audience. Not saying they are needing to be leading storylines but I'm just so disappointed they're always cameo appearances.

And it is a real shame the ratings aren't reflecting how much improved the show is. I can't believe it took Larry Hagman passing for Dallas to actually become Dallas (Man, I miss him so much). It's clear Cidre had no desire to do the real Dallas in the beginning and then overtime ... I still hate her for hiring Jesse Metcalfe and always will.

I will give her a ton of credit for finally utilizing Linda Gray. Sue Ellen is quickly becoming the show's glue, IMO, even more so than Bobby, and one of the biggest reasons I even wanted to watch this year. I'm glad I have. At least Elena's sloooooowly becoming more interesting. Sort of. Brewster is just so lifeless. Reminds me of Kelly Monaco. Can do better but is just so blaaah.

Archived