Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'know, this is goody, trashy fun. John Ross got his own little harem goin' on (the last I remember, even JR didn't have balls big enough to keep his fuckbuddy 10 feet from his wife's door), Christopher grew the world's fastest beard, and Bobby's practically threatening to whoop John Ross' ass every other minute.

Compared to The Haves and Have Nots, it's bleepin' Shakespeare. Or Downton Abbey with sex.

• Members

I am glad the show is back. Josh Henderson has completely embraced this role and he is almost walking sex appeal. He may not be the most handsome guy ever to appear on TV (although he is quite handsome) but his swagger, accent and attitude just sells the role totally. I liked seeing the return of the full credits although poor Ken Kercheval is back to where he was in 1979.

I don't recall exactly who this drug dealer is or why she went to see him, and I forget what Hyland went to jail for but I don't see that any of it matters because they managed to spit out another typical Dallas story where people want Ewing and will scheme their way to get it. I still wish there were more old timers on. They could have easily kept Afton on last year, or Gary.

• Members

Cidre interview with EW about Episode 1: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/24/dallas-season-3-premiere-postmortem/

I also want to add it was very smart to FINALLY have them all under one roof and all working together. I like how they feel like a family who has each other's backs but still have their problems with each other. As it should it be.

It's like someone flipped a switch and they are finally getting things right. It's far from perfect, and Metcalfe still sucks the life out of everything, and Brewster needs to eat, but other than that, I think it's going in the right direction. Finally.

• Members

That was fast!...lol

Not bad considering its up against the voice which had great numbers last night. I wish CBS would pick up the show and put it on Monday nights at 9pm timeslot. Nothing has worked since Under the Dome ended this past summer. The New Dallas cant any worse rating than the shows on right now have been getting.

• Members

Well i think you might be right but i do remember that "infamous" scene where it was Mitch and Lucy's wedding and JR took Afton up to the bedroom while Sue Ellen was down with the guests. I know it's not the same but it's similar. Then she came upstairs to change and found that under the bed spread were the wrinkled sheets.

• Members

Finally saw Dallas tonight. I have to admit that I was kind of disappointed. It wasn't necessarily bad, it just didn't move me. I felt like the season got off to a slow start.

John Ross is fabulous, and I do really love/hate the character. No, he's not JR, but he's still pretty good. Pamela has grown on me. I didn't particularly like her in the first half of season 1, and she didn't really have much to do in this episode, but she's infinitely more interesting to watch than Elena. Emma annoyed the heck out of me until she hooked up with John Ross, and I think she's got more potential this season, especially if she's running Ryland for the time being.

I loved John Ross walking out of Emma's room and nonchalantly telling Sue Ellen, "You look like you've seen a ghost," and her replying, "For a second there, I thought I did." I can't wait to see Sue Ellen rip John Ross a new one when she realizes just how much he really is like JR. I hope she doesn't spend the season drinking.

Christopher and Elena are still painful to watch. They just are. I'm sorry, but they're awful. I was hoping they'd miraculously be less stiff and awkward in season 3, but so far I'm not impressed. I still don't like Bobby. Never did like Bobby.

Archived