Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

It's just a waste of time having them appear and do nothing. Why can't Lucy and Ryland be in a relationship? Why can't Lucy have a twentysomething son or daughter to compete with John Ross and Christopher? Of course Bobby's biological son was raised by Ray and Jenna, yet that isn't even brought up. I also think with JR gone that they should've signed Ted Shackelford to a contract and brought another Ewing brother into the fold. He fit in well during his short stint and they could've easily paired him with Sue Ellen and gotten lots of milage out of Valene as well.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must say, the lack of Audrey Landers is very odd. Her appearance last season should've lasted longer. Her daughter had a miscarriage and almost died, yet there was no follow-through. And with her daughter being a main character it would just make sense to have her around. It certainly makes more sense to have Afton around than Carmen.

• Members

Honestly, I have no idea, but I would cast somebody who understands serialized story better. Cynthia Cidre needs to be writing procedurals and only that. She's someone who doesn't even like soaps and you can't write a soap opera and not like soaps. It just makes no sense. I will say, if they do reboot Knots Landing I'd pick Lynn Marie Latham and Bernie Lechowick to return. They helped modernized Knots once and I feel they could do it again. With Dallas they should've listened to David Jacobs suggestions and hired people more familiar with serialized storytelling. Some of their ideas were good (like the Sue Ellen/Gary/Val thing last year), but the execution was terrible. You can't tell a story arc in one or two scenes.

The new Dallas is full of moments, but there is no organic character developments that show you how they get to those moments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I do love me some Cynthia cidre, have since ive seen Cane, but I think she needs some help with the soapy storytelling, like david Jacobs, lynn marie latham or my personal favorite mike Kelly!! this show could be HUGE and were already going on season 3 (16) by original standards so come on dallas..... make us proud!!!

Archived