Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News/TNT-Dallas-Premiere-1073536.aspx?welovesoaps.net

The season will start with a run of eight episodes before going on hiatus and returning in the summer with seven more.

"We will have two season openers and two cliffhangers," teases showrunner Cynthia Cidre. "We have tried this season to make the show more about Ewing family conflicts — secrets, lies and betrayals. And I think we have succeeded."

Adds executive producer Michael Robin: "This is a very sexy season with a roll in the hay and several hook-ups in a hotel. And we have lots of big events: Ewing barbecues and the biggest Southfork wedding yet"

• Members

I do think they mostly sucked. Constantly bringing in new characters who did nothing, no character development, poor pacing where things happen out of nowhere and have no follow up or follow through, etc. I'm just praying this is the season that is good, but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Do you have news you share about the upcoming season of Dallas on TNT? — @pattydrake2
If you were looking for a sizeable time jump between Seasons 2 and 3, you won’t get it. EP Cynthia Cidre told me the new season picks up just 12 or so hours later, though before the premiere is over there’s also a one-week fast-forward.

http://tvline.com/2013/12/19/castle-rick-kate-new-apartment-shopping-spoilers/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I agree that the casting for this show has always been pretty bad, but this season the storylines DO look good. I want to get exciting, but I know the execution will be terrible. Good plots with no character development, all the good stories rushed through going from plot-point to plot-point. I remember last year how excited they got everybody about the Knots Landing crossover and again, it was a VERY interesting story, but in the end it amounted to a few scenes here and there and no follow through. Gary fit in very well and could've worked as a main character. Val also fit in and her scene with Sue Ellen showed that those two could be used as rivals. It also makes no sense than Pamela is a lead character and Afton is appearing once a season, yet Harris Ryland gets his mother there almost as much as a series regular.

I'm going into season 3 with no hopes and no expectations. I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is.

• Members

I wish they had done Pamela but I guess we know what'll somewhat happen due to John Ross' description. I'm not surprised he's going to continue with her and that she'll start something up with Elena's brother. I really could still care less about her, Elena, her brother, Christopher (to a degree) and Ann. Everyone else I can't wait tbh.

Archived