Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They used Victoria Principal for press and to get the fans invested when she had told them she wasn't returning. That's stupid on their part because the wasted so much screentime on it. There are so many characters that could be used before Pam. Hell, they could keep Pam dangling and just use Katherine and say Katherine has her somewhere in case VP decides to return at some point. There is also Afton who makes sense for this show and Jenna who has a son with Bobby. Not to mention Gary and Val could've been added to the regular cast after their stint last season. They could use some of what they give Judith and give that to Valene and use her as a rival for Sue Ellen.

• Members

Yea I thought what they setup with Gary and Val was actually interesting, which is rare for this show. Especially with Sue Ellen falling off the wagon, the show could've kept Gary down and out and have them drinking together with Val trying to get him away from Sue Ellen. Those two also could've given Bobby and Ann something more interesting to do. As a collective, those five plus Harris would've been very interested IMO.

• Members

This was an ok finale but again, the writing for Sue Ellen is ridiculous. She doesn't really have any problems personally, just that her son is cheating on his wife. From this she spiraled out of control and became a complete drunk after 20 years sobriety? And nothing set off her binge tonight other than Pamela calling her a weak drunk. Sue Ellen has been called a lot worse without needing to hit 14 bottles.

As for Pamela, the end there didn't make a lot of sense. The three way was OTT. Why did Emma and John Ross even go along with it? Pamela initiated that so she could commit suicide in front of them I guess, but this reaction seems out of left field since she had only been married to John Ross for 30 seconds and it wasn't so long ago she was in love with Christopher. Juaquim trying to get Elena pregnant came from out of nowhere too. Obviously he has loved her all these years but why the need to impregnate her?

The new girl's husband, Drew, I can't get too excited about that story. I guess this episode left me indifferent.

Archived