Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's nothing shocking about a random threesome on TV. It just seems desperate. Gossip Girl did this and no one gave a !@#$%^&*] about that either.

If you want to shock someone with three people, have a poly relationship - that would actually provide story and explore something you don't get outside of that Big Love show I never have watched yet.

• Members

She was great in Yours, Mine and Ours. But her acting was rarely what you would call subtle. And like the original Dallas didn't have it's fair share of "trash". The only reason there wasn't more skin (and I recall there being a whole lot of skin on display) is because they couldn't get away with it back then. All we saw in this "threesome" was two scantily clad ladies (in outfits they'd had on previously in the season) and a shirtless man, kneeling on a bed, kissing. No more clothes came off.

If that had been two people on a bed, would Morgan's ire have been raised? I doubt it. That JohnRoss/Emma oral sex scene was more suggestive and trashy, IMO.

I could have done without the scene too...but because it made Pambecca look like a weak idiot (even after reading Cidre's explanation). The shock factor wore off for me after about ten seconds, and was practically forgotten the second Pambecca started seizing and throwing up.

• Members

+1 though I believe Sue Ellen was at Southfork. I was too busy rolling my eyes and saying how much this all sucks to pay that close attention.

Thanks soapsuds for the Season 3B spoilers! Cidre's explanation for Pambecca was awful. I hate this bitch. Can we get a new producer? It's clear most of this was pulled out of her ass because they needed some cliffhangers.

I'd rather they keep Heather and dump Elena, but Cidre is determined to make Elena and Jesse Metcalfe work. NEITHER WILL EVER WORK. Dump them!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ratings aren't as horrible as articles make it out to be. They're not stellar by any means. I think TNT is definitely behind it but they could stand to at least start seeing some increases. The problem is, winter was just the wrong spot for it. It should have stayed in the summer and splitting up the season, IMO, wasn't very smart.

• Members

Splitting up the season was the only hope this show had and to be fair, that is how all TNT shows with big episode orders air. The problem with this show isn't when it airs though, it did very well last winter, but the writing is horrible. Whenever they have a big boost viewers immediately tune out because they realize they weren't watching the show. I haven't watched season 3 yet, but I doubt it could be as improved as people make it out to be. I know people have said it's more soapy, but my guess is the only real difference is them throwing every cliche in the book in there. These writers simply don't understand how to write a soap. How to develop multi-dimensional characters and give motivations to their actions. To develop a story without jumping from plot twist to plot twist. How to use supporting and recurring characters as "talk-to's" to give insight in the lead characters, etc., etc.

My point is, if TNT Dallas wants a shot it needs a new showrunner, period. I don't want to hear any other suggestions that is the long and short of it. They need to get somebody in there who understands how to write a soap and see if they can turn it around. Cynthia Cidre is not going to be able to save this show.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived