Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IF this show ever gets cancelled I think she's got so much potential. Imagine her on a show like Melrose Place 2.0 or any show dealing with people in their 20s/30s and the drama surrounding their lives and interactions. She just has the look and projects such confidence and strength. Yet in the same scene you can see the vulnerability beneath the surface. I can't help but be drawn to her in every scene she appears in.

Even when shes with Josh Henderson its like she's the one who's making the relationship sizzle.

• Members

The promo for next week made my stomach sink, so damn sad. How many episodes left this season?

That hostage scene... on a daytime soap, that would have gone on for a week. I'm surprised that that guy got offed so quickly. And I thought it was going to be J.R. who shot him.

Harris and Judith must be pretty damn good because I think most daughters would be curious to know their mothers and go through a rebellious stage where they blamed the dad for her absence, et cetera.

• Members

The reason why the Bobby and Pam characters worked is because they were not badasses. This is the problem with modern soaps where everyone needs edge. No one who writes these things ever realize if everyone is a badass then no one is a badass. Bobby has to remain pure as the driven snow so characters like JR and now John Ross have someone to contrast with. I like Bobby (what's not to like?) and I hope he remains virtuous to a fault. I really hope they don't mess around with Gary's personality too much and start giving him shades of gray. Most of the original Ewings were decent people, and it was only JR, Sue Ellen, and Jock (and sort of Lucy) who had ethical problems. Ellie, Bobbie, Pam, Ray, Donna, Gary and Valene were all candidates for sainthood, Clayton too.

Archived