Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I think this show has the right elements mostly, I just wish the writing weren't so plot driven. I also find the dialogue cringworthy and one of the most dated elements. Having JR call Frank a poodle and I think it was John Ross who said something like "love is for pussies." It just is so cheesy and it's like they're trying to cram so many buzzworthy lines in. I honestly 100% believe that the scriptwriters on ANY of the current daytime soaps are better than the new Dallas scriptwriters. Besides Chris, Carmen and Elena (who I'd write off), they have a great cast that is begging for strong character driven material. I even think the stories are nice, but move too fast so it's hard to care about anything.

I mostly tolerate the nuDallas since I'm such a hardcore fan, but I wouldn't call it must-see.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I concede that it's only "must-see" for me given my reasons above. I like it, but I also want to like it. And I agree that some of the writing and acting are dwarved by what we have seen in daytime drama. No one could ever fairly praise this show and diss daytime soaps. I often find JM cringe-inducing, there are stronger young actors from daytime who could have brought much more to Christopher.

• Members

I can't even bring myself to click on that. I don't want to be a. saddened, or b. spoiled. :lol:

Last night's episode felt like an episode of Law & Order. I hope this is the only episode this season that's so very Ann-centric. It's not that I dislike the character, but... Didn't it seem like a waste to watch J.R. sitting silent in a courtroom for so many scenes?

• Members

There are no spoilers SFK....just a picture of the returned cast members with a pic of Larry Hagman in the center....and it mentions Deborah Shelton and how she was bummed that Larry passed because she wanted to return to the new Dallas. Some trashed her for that being her first thought after Larry's death. It doesnt bother me one bit.

• Members

Has anyone heard if there's gonna be a third season? I just looked at the show's Wikipedia page and claims the show was canceled on February 20th. Of course, there's no mention of this anywhere else and it's only the 19th.EDIT: Oh good. I just went back to the page and it's already been taken off.

Archived