Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TNT has been promoting the show a lot and is depending on it as the lead in for Monday Mornings. If the show continues to drop (as it did last season), then it's done. If it can stay steady and rise then it'll be fine. Personally, I find the new season improved, but the show is *so* plot driven that it's hard to get hooked. The stuff with Ann is a great example. It's the Ellen Wheeler style of going from one big plot development to the next without exploring the characters. Her situation with her daughter should've been heart-wrenching, but it was "blah" because they still don't know who Ann is. THey keep trying to tell us who everybody is with silly props and one-dimension characterizations. This kinda reminds me of a failed 90s soap.

• Members

I think that Season 2 is much better. Christopher doesn't seem that boring, Pamela/Rebecca could be fun and I didn't mind Elena that much for some reason. Perhaps that's because that she didn't seem as though she was supposed to be the leading lady, but the typical "assistant" in business storylines The Ann story could be very interesting, if presented in another way. The search for Emma should have lasted an entire season.

John Ross and Pamela/Rebecca sometimes look like kids playing grown up roles. That's not always a bad thing though.

• Members

I agree re: Ann, and simply put, I feel that there is far too much emphasis on a new character of that generation when this show is a reboot boasting many potentially more interesting characters to focus on. We don't know Ann well enough, long enough to care enough. And if this was a main s/l on any other new show that couldn't ride on its nostalgia factor, it would be a real dud. There has to be a much larger payoff to this Emma story that I'm just not seeing/anticipating here.

I realize that not everyone can drive story at the same time, but I also don't care for how Bobby is playing a supporting character to Ann's s/l. His cancer was such a non-s/l last year, and he can do a lot more than just be Christopher's supportive dad. I'm sure things will beef up for him knowing what's coming down the pike.

• Members

Up watching Dallas for the first time this season, and I must say that I absolutely love what they've done with Rebecca and JG is rocking it! This chick is rocking my sox! And I especially love her sticking it to Miggie Lo Fitz! JG is better than the other 3 from the younger set combined!

Then the goddess Judith Light shows up on my screen, and I'm in absolute heaven! She is just so damn good and breathes life into any show and the actors opposite her!

It's wonderful to see Mr. Hagman with some life in him again. Pity we lost him last year. JR Ewing is my all time favorite character, TV and movies combined!

I may have to change my tune and start wathing again!

• Members

Preach! I just love watching his adam's apple work when she gets in a good dig at him. While she definitely surpasses the other three, I am loving her interaction with John Ross and when the elevator stopped and went back up, LOVED IT!

Archived