Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, she was very vocal about her mistakes in season one and asked questions and wanted to know EVERYTHING she did wrong so she could fix it. She was even upset with Patrick Duffy for not telling her about her huge Oil/Cattle Baron's Ball mistake until after it was filmed. It looks like she put her money where her mouth is. By having Gary and Val, that's something unique to Dallas and also pleasing to Knots Landing fans. Plus Cally being back recognizes the original Next Generation they tried to form. I like that she's not just including generic references, she seems to be digging into the entire series.

Season two looks like it's going to be really fantastic and packed with stuff.

• Members

Yeah. I have to give her a ton of credit for really listening and doing her homework and trying to make the show as great as possible.

I saw a promo for Season 2 and I'm looking forward to it.

How old would JR and Cally's kid be? The kid would be in their early 20s right?

• Members

He would be like 20-21. They're developing lots of stuff that could help shape the show in the long term, which is smart. This season they're bringing on some non-Ewing's, then the vets returning all serve a purpose and people like Cally's son or Bobby's son Lucas could be new Ewing's used to give the show an added boost in seasons three and four. I like that kind of storytelling. I know you run the risk of getting canceled on a cliffhanger, but it also creates a better, more confident show. And of course now if a show gets canceled good fan support can bring them back.

• Members

I think it was basically she did the Cattle Baron's Ball instead of the classic Oil Baron's Ball. Fans were upset. I remember being annoyed at the name change and how it was almost an afterthought and not the whole episode event. I hope she corrects that this year.

• Members

She said she thought it actually was the Cattle Baron's Ball, people thought it was an intentional change. She said after it was filmed Patrick Duffy asked her why it was changed and she said she didn't know and wishes he had told her. I don't understand when throwing a BBQ or Oil Baron's Ball, why they didn't watch several episodes to see how they go at least.

• Members

I was watching my classic Dallas season 3 dvd today, and there were a slew of episodes detailing a rare genetic disorder that was passed on down the Barnes line. Since Rebecca (Pamela) is pregnant with twins, I wonder if there will be any mention of this genetic disorder... or is this another plot-line that Cidre will over look?

• Members

CBS just aired a promo for the season premiere of Season 2 on TNT. Nice touch CBS! I had forgetten that the premiere was tomorrow! Can't wait since there is nothing on tomorrow night!

Linda Gray will be on Live with Kelly tomorrow and she and Patrick Duffy will be on the Today Show with Kathy Lee and Hodia.

Archived