Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mandy I can see. Sly is such an intelligent choice considering she was with JR for a decade. Cally? The less said the hayseed and the post Sue-Ellen years of Dallas the better. If Cally then where is the son played by Sasha Mitchell? Is George Kennedy still alive or the guy who played Jeremy Wendell? (William Smithers was it?) Jeremy Wendell was a great supporting character. He basically recurred for almost the entire run of the show.

• Members

Sly won't be back after all, the actress said she was cut out of the latest draft of the script. I think they need James back and then I'll be pleased. JR's siblings need to be there, plus Val, James and Cally and we'll be set. I wonder if they'll have Cally reveal to anybody that her son is JR's, not James. She told everybody that James was the father so JR would leave him alone, but secretly JR knew that was his son. Would be an exciting cliffhanger.

• Members

Today on The Talk, Joan van Ark mentioned that she was on her way to Dallas to film. As I said in the Knots thread, I was surprised that the hosts didn't bring up the subject of Larry Hagman's passing. Michele Lee and Donna Mills were also guests, and of course all three ladies' characters had connections with J.R. Donna also did that sitcom with him years ago.

The final question was if there were plans for a similar Knots reboot. They all pretty much looked like, "Snowball's chance in hell", but diplomatically said, "You never know... Film at 11..." Joan added that any new reunion should be scripted unlike the last "chit chat" reunion so we could see what characters like Karen and Abby are up to now (like an updated Back to the Cul-de-sac). She very politely did not rub in the fact that we'll soon see what Val's been up to on Dallas.

Also, remember that PBS is doing that prmetime soap Pioneers of Television special this coming Tuesday.

Archived