Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Glad TS and JVA are coming back. The great thing about 2.0 is that they can continue to mine VERY RICH history and memorable, beloved characters while launching a new generation. I have no problem with adding depth to Ann's character/family. If she's going to be with Bobby, then we need to know more about her. Also, not EVERYONE can be related, so some fresh blood. Considering they were kind of going blind for Season 1, I expect Season 2 to be quite tight. Wouldn't it be something if 2.0 ends up having six or seven year run? It'd be pretty cool.

• Members

I do agree with you re: Ann. I also think Harris was a breakout character so it merits the Ryland's as the second full family on the show. The Ewing's and the Ryland's. I don't think there are enough Barnes to truly bring back that family. I think Rebecca with appearances from Cliff and Afton is enough. I'm just happy they finally announced casting of some Ewing's though, even more exciting that we get a Knots Landing crossover. BTW, Ultimate Dallas said Lucy will also be back for these episodes.

• Members

Am I the only one, while I really loved him and feel he is kinda needed, that's not THAT thrilled Harris is a regular? Not that I think he'll dominate and it'll be nice to see Ann be more developed, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I think if better integrated, the character has a GREAT shot at becoming a well rounded villain that the show needs.

And even though no one is reporting it (not that I've seen, besides here and Ultimate Dallas), I guess Charlene Tilton will appear along with Van Ark and Shackelford. So she's back too. With more substance, hopefully. That was my issue last season. I know all the vets were basically last minute but now that Cidre has embraced Dallas and seems to understand the fans desires (and season one really wasn't that bad), I want to see better balance amongst the cast. Yes, the younger ones should, I guess (ugh) have more airtime, of course. And while this did improve towards the end.

Anyone else agree? Things you want to see again? Not see again?

I really don't want to see Jesse Metcalfe being the lead this year though. Cidre must have really had a hard-on for him. Hopefully his painful acting has brought her back to earth. Josh Henderson should be running this show. He and Julie Gonzalo have the chops to pull it off. It's really kinda bad when your antagonists are more interesting and IMO, popular than your "heroes" (Christopher & Elena). Only time I liked Elena was with John Ross and the only time I liked Christopher was with Bobby. I guess at least with them together, we have the option of not watching either of them try to act. They've both been in this industry for how long now? You'd think they'd have gotten better not worse. I guess when you're hired for looks ...

Archived