Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't wait to see TS & JVA... I remember I was sad to only see them in a handful of episodes but that was before I knew they had that other show they were a part of. Charlene always cracks me up saying Lucy never once went over to that show.

• Members

If they were going to do an election story they should have timed it at a time when people were interested in the elections. Perhaps they could have spent some of the first season focusing on the run and then part of the cliffhanger would have been waiting for the returns.

• Members

That was her sister, Kristin (Christopher's biological mom). :) They SHOULD delve into that backstory a little, give Sue Ellen and Christopher a scene together where they touch on that. Not sure if that's ever happened in one of the reunion movies or not.

• Members

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Gare and Val have been up to. If they do in fact share scenes with Lucy, that'll be such a trip after thirty damn years. I pray that they have something juicy to do, and since this show should remain Ewing-centric, the twins remain a valuable asset for future seasons just like Jack and Jamie in the original series.

I wonder though... how do you all feel about Dallas dipping into Knots' territory? It's probably safe to say that there won't be a Knots reboot, but does it bother anyone that the new Dallas would use characters established on Knots? Gary also has a daughter by Kate.

• Members

SFK when Sue Ellen was with Nicholas who fell out her balcony window, JR came to her condo and a fight ensued. It was during this fight when Nicholas fell to his death and Sue Ellen pumped JR full of lead (just like Kristin) and then called 911 and said she would like to report a break in and a murder.

• Members

Fair enough. You know, I can't shake this idea of them going to a very unexpected Dallas glam place with Val having grown accustomed to JVA's more recent roles. I'm sort of fascinated with this idea of Dallas Gary and Val vs. Knots Gary and Val, like Maude Florida Evans vs. Good Times Florida Evans. Don't get me wong, I'm sure they won't stray from the characters as we knew them on Knots, but this is a new EP and writer, and frankly, they could take these classic characters any number of ways whether that's wise/popular or not.

Archived