Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

http://tvline.com/2012/12/10/dallas-jr-ewing-funeral-season-2/

Dallas has set a date for what is bound to be the the biggest TV swan song of 2013 — the funeral of J.R. Ewing.

Three weeks after TV legend Larry Hagman‘s death from cancer complications, TVLine has learned that Dallas will lay his alter ego — an icon to multiple generations of viewers — to rest in the upcoming second season’s eighth episode, slated to air on March 11 on TNT.

Hagman completed filming a number of Season 2 episodes prior to his sudden passing. Although production was not significantly impacted, producers quickly began crafting a proper sendoff — one that is rumored to feature a number of returning Dallas vets (including several that have not yet been seen on the TNT version.)

Dallas‘ sophomore season is set to premiere on Jan. 28.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I got that nervous feeling in my stomach like when I have a real life funeral approaching. unsure.png This makes me think that they're not just talking about the Garys and the Vals, but folks like Donna, Jenna, Carter, Cally, maybe even James (doubt it)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
If nothing else, I would think that they would try and bring back as many of JR's women/mistresses as they possibly could. Sly, Cally Harper, Vanessa Beaumont, LeeAnn De La Vega (remember her, as played by Hagman's former co-star, Barbara Eden?), Kimberley Cryder, Mandy Winger (would LOVE to see her, and it would create a nice little confrontation between her and Sue Ellen).

• Members

Season 2 premieres on Monday January 28 with a two hour episode. I like that they moved the show to Mondays. There isnt much on Mondays and Wednesdays has Idol not a big hit anymore but....

WalMart was advertising it in their tvs again....lol

• Members

I wonder if they'll mainly just have Gary, Val and Afton back and use them as characters who haven't been on the new series yet. I know Joan Van Ark and Audrey Landers start filming this month, so it's a strong possibility they'll be in this episode.

• Members

Received my copy of Dallas Season 1 in the mail today. The front cover does have a sticker saying Season 2 does premiere on Monday January 28 and that the Dallas will now be on Mondays at 8pm.

Amazaon has it for 20 bucks right now.

Archived