Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know JR was a part of the return of Gary so the story will have to be majorly retooled. Gary was meant to appear before Val, so it's possible he filmed a scene with Hagman, but I doubt Joan Van Ark or Audrey Landers did. I too am wondering if Gary and Val's roles will be expanded. Gary works better as a permanent character than Ray would (considering how Steve Kanaly has aged).

• Members

I hope episode 8 isn't too soon to have JR's funeral. There is a new interview with Dallas creator David Jacobs and he said he was speaking to Michael Filerman (the EP of Knots Landing) and they both decided they could get 10 episodes worth of story out of the first 5 from season 1 of TNT Dallas. Something like JR's death and funeral isn't a one off, this is going to be a shadow over the series until it ends. I personally would put it further towards the end of the season so you can dedicate more time to his death and use it as a jumping off point for season 3, possibly bringing on JR's other two children. I just hope this is the send off the character AND Larry Hagman deserve.

• Members

Chris, was that you?? Congrats, great interview! I wonder if they could get creative with what they've got filmed and stretch out Larry's scenes for at least another episode or too. I know that's tough. I don't suggest that they go all crazy CGI like with Nancy Marchand on The Sopranos after she passed away, but I will miss J.R. so much, I hope his appearances are prolonged as much as possible.

• Members

Unfortunately I'm not the Chris who interviewed David Jacobs lol. I wish. I did used to help setup the interviews for the Knots Landing site. Usually it was through email or publicist but I got to talk to Kim Lankford a couple times which was fun. She played Ginger on Knots.

• Members

Ah yes, I clicked on Chris B's profile after I made my post and saw this little blond kid and realized I was mistaken. :lol: That's cool about Kim Lankford. I've met Michele and corresponded with Joan. I really hope they really "bring it" for Gary and Val if they won't even be sharing the screen with J.R. If they have scenes with Lucy, wow, the visual is just...

Archived