Falcon Crest

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh no doubt I agree, it just becomes more  aggravating when you have something like Falcon Crest, which never got a full DVD release and hadn’t been on a legitimate service since the SoapNet era just get hauled off or in the example among many of LA Law, where internationally the whole series is on DVD but not in Region 1. I feel like FC could’ve just gotten a complete series on release years ago even if it was at a loss, Idk. It almost reminds of how back when Disney would do limited releases of their older material be it rescreening or VHS limited time only releases while advertising ominously “Get it before it goes back into the Disney vault!!” lol.

Granted some things will always be a classic and some things are better left in the past. For every I Love Lucy, Perry Mason, and Andy Griffith people clamor for, there’s always shows like Hazel, Ironside, and Medical Center that no one is clamoring for minus a few skeletal hands rising from the grave

Please register in order to view this content

Off-topic, As for westerns well those were the escapist adventure/fantasy dramas for many in the the 50’s and 60’s that were monster hits and served as a bit of a precursor to daytime soaps as they expanded from 30 minutes to 60 minutes to even 90 minutes in the cases of the Virginian and I think Bonanza temporary…? Maybe if Gunsmoke had just written and serialized a growing relationship between Marshal Dillon and Miss Kitty…

• Members

I can't find any information about this online. Can you provide a link? Amazon is "shutting down" freevee but it's incorporating everything into its Amazon Prime collection but with ads. Amazon has had 2 separate streaming services for a few years which, honestly, hasn't many any sense. All I've read is that they're combing the two.

• Members

I think there's just a confusion that the FreeVee app is being discontinued and its "product" moved to the main Amazon Prime App. I did a search on FreeVee and it shows Falcon Crest as leaving soon. (I don't usually watch it that way, that's why I've been searching for an answer.) I watch via the Amazon Prime Video app and it says nothing about it leaving soon.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Meant to say thanks for the clarification especially about Bonanza. As it turned out it was the 60 min Wagon Train that briefly expanded to 90 mins for one season when it began airing in color ad a way to compete with The Virginian. 

Now back to Falcon Crest…

• Members

So is Falcon Crest being pulled or just added to Prime? I see it as leaving soon on my end, but there no similar designation for Dallas. 

I would like to rewatch FC from the beginning, but not if I will lose access to it soon. 

• Members

As of today 3/1/24 it’s gone off Freevee and Prime. The first four seasons are currently available for purchase on Prime but none of the later seasons are available. 

Guess we’ll have to wait and see where FC ends up next, and who knows how long that will be.