Falcon Crest

• Members

I never bought the Richard/Angela retcon and thought it was patently absurd, given the actions of Jacqueline and Douglas in the earlier seasons. It was the type of lazy writing you see on daytime soaps. I expected more from the nighttime shows.

But yeah I agree that they did it because Chase was leaving and they wanted that familial connection. Which is funny because they didn’t really mention that connection between Angela and Chase after the first few seasons. And she always treated him as an outsider. In fact, I thought some of the things she pulled on him were pretty awful considering he was her nephew. But she had no love for him at all.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oddly I recall an interview one producer who praised Caron and the character for getting the ball rolling for the Thirteen…I wonder if she was supposed to have been more directly involved with that story. It’s quite obvious something went awry as the buildup abruptly stops. 

• Members

Now, this is what I am interested in.
Do we *think* that is what they were going for?

It just always puzzled me because I think FC is the primetime soap that got the technical fundamentals right - the castings, the visual look, etc - and even the dated outfits for most characters felt real enough.
Angela being a dowdy dresser felt appropriate enough but that wig is such a mystery to me. I imagine JW had something to do with it since they barely changed it. But what the thought process was, I can't tell.

It is funny how in my memory Emma was so stupid as to be irritating that I didn't notice what I now notice on reviewing: Margarett Ladd was a very radiant beauty.

• Members

I do think it was deliberate. These were not worldly people. They were wealthy, but from a small town, and not part of high society. It’s not that different from the Ewings on Dallas: they didn’t travel in glamorous circles and weren’t showy with their wealth (at least not originally). They didn’t live in an enormous house with high ceilings and didn’t dress to the nines. They drove station wagons and Cabriolets and Lincolns. Now, Mark Graison on Dallas was more worldly: he clearly traveled more and played polo and was more a part of high society when compared with the Ewings.

• Members

I think Angela's hair was more or less what Jane Wyman felt comfortable in - even in the years after Falcon Crest she kept the same styling, albeit blonde/grey instead of the red.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I give credit to FC's wardrobe people for dressing Jane Wyman and others the way their characters SHOULD have been dressed.  Chances are, if JW had been on "Dynasty," she would've been wearing expensive Nolan Miller originals even while traipsing through the vineyards.

• Members

Y’all not gone lie on Miss Angela! I have been loving her fashions. I think she looks great most of the time and I’ve noticed she always has a nice pair of heels, which I’ve been noticing lately. I expected her to be in some old lady kitten heels, but she dresses great for her age. I also think Angela looks like old money, as opposed to the Dynasty try hards. 

• Members

I'm sorry for starting this whole thing about Tuscany Valley fashions, but they usually dressed Maggie correctly as an ex-urbanite except when she had to wear a hat. The FC costume dept had a bad time with hats

Please register in order to view this content