Falcon Crest

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Can anyone recall the details of Richard's racetrack?

Was it actually built over the vineyards of Falcon Crest?  Did it survive the earthquake?  I recall it was the centerpiece of a season and then they never really used it afterwards, but I could easily be incorrect.

Also, in retrospect, wasn't it random that Cassandra was the mother of Richard's son?  She was so quickly forgotten after her death, unlike Laura on KL.  And yet, the fact that Richard had a son was an important detail in the story.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The racetrack wasn’t build on top of only Falcon Crest land. But they had to condemn 10 or so acres of Falcon Crest vineyards for it. Angela was practically in tears as they bulldozed the vineyards and Chase vowed to never stop fighting until they were replanted. This happened in season 3.

I don’t remember seeing the racetrack after season 5.

• Members

I remember all the times when the media would try and start some mess between her and the Reagans and she refused to play that game.  She felt it wasn't polite to talk about one's ex, and she's right.  If only today's so-called celebrities had as much tact, lol.

Frankly, I never understood Richard building a racetrack in the first place.  I mean, where could they really go with Tuscany Downs that wouldn't have distracted from what was supposed to be the show's major focus: the intrigues revolving around the wine industry?  Is there also intrigue in the horse racing industry?  Of course.  But that's for a different show.

It's like when Melissa owned and sang at that nightclub.  It's cute, but just get back to the damn grapes!

Edited by Khan

• Members

My favorite performance of hers will always be in "Johnny Belinda."  She imbued what could have been a pitiful character with a quiet, inner strength.  And the rape sequence is probably one of the most unnerving in all of classic films.

• Members

I do remember her appearing in Dr. Quinn in the '90s, which my mother watched religiously, in part due to Joe Lando lol. (This was a year or so before I started really watching OLTL and the ABC soaps, though my babysitter had watched it, Marland's ATWT and Y&R religiously) I looked that up again on YT just now - she was amazing. It's a pity she chose to retire, but I guess her health made that a priority.

Edited by Vee

• Members

She was such a great casting choice as Dr. Mike’s mom on another beautifully produced popular CBS series. I love Georgann Johnson, particularly for her work in Hitchcock’s anthologies, not a bad replacement by any means.

That interview with Ms. Wyman is a treat. Like Ellen Holly’s archive interview, I like to revisit those clips every now and then, never tiring of them.

And I think she looked very elegant and age/personality appropriate as Angela. I read a biography of her years ago, my memory is a little cloudy, but I think the author was touching upon comparisons to the ever-glamorous Lana Turner’s image compared to Jane’s which was more salt of the earth. Jane showed up to upfronts one season in an ivory gown dripping in ermine and completely wowed the crowd.

• Members

After working at Warner Bros with little fanfare throughout the 30's and 40's, Jane's career finally gained traction in the late 40's with Johnny Belinda, although Warner Bros continued to cast her in fluffy comedies.

But then she got 'The Blue Veil', 'Magnificent Obsession' and 'All That Heaven Allows'. all big hits.

She quickly moved into TV as a top star , rather than it being seen as a step down and maintained her popularity.

But through the 60's she only worked sporadically- by choice? There wasn't much around for the more mature ladies in that era.

She did a pilot 'Amanda Fallon' that was shown on 'Medical Center' i 1972 but it wasn't picked up and again in the 70's she was barely seen.

But it was standout performance in a hit 1979 TV movie 'Incredible Journey of Dr Meg Laurel' with Lindsay Wagner that got her back in the spotlight and she got Falcon Crest shortly after.