Falcon Crest

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought it was crazy that Cole and Vicki were willing to abandon their young brother Kevin to Richard (and then some distant counsin) after Maggie’s death. I don’t recall if they ever mentioned Richard adopting him.

• Members

Both are in standard quality. They haven't been remastered. 

I never understood why the CBS soaps looked worse than the ABC soaps. The DVD releases for Dynasty and The Colbys was better than Dallas, Falcon Crest and Knots.

• Members

Going back to @Chris B’s comments one my fave things about Season 9 was the updated opening, although they went back the original logo. But it definitely feels like FC was headed into the 90’s.

I’m mixed on Michael Sharpe. Good villain but I thought it was contrived to make him Maggie’s second cousin of all things.

Personally I had wished Emma lasted all season but I was fine with her exit. Didn’t we find out she named her daughter Angela? 

I may continue into Season 9 just to finish it off. Personally Maggie’s horrible death was always so off putting me to it just seemed like a low disgusting move for a show already in freefall, whether it was some poetic Greek or Shakespeare tragedy or not.

• Members

I hated season 9 opening.

Margaret Ladd had already been reduced in episode guarantees since season 7 due to budget cuts. You would've thought they had more available money with Robert Foxworth gone.

• Members

I don’t believe Spelling’s ABC soaps ever transitioned to the cheap “shoot on film/edit on video” method that the Lorimar soaps (and most US dramas) used in the late 80s, so that accounts for some of it. I also think Aaron Spelling understood the value of reruns more than Lorimar did, and whenever I see his shows rerun even today, they look like they’re in great shape from a picture quality standpoint. Whereas Dallas - even for the earlier episodes truly edited on film - looks faded and grainy with all kinds of dust and dirt. I’m guessing Spelling took better care of his library, but wish I knew more details - I’m just speculating.

• Members

I hate this. I'm glad she got a nice exit, but seeing her as the head of the household was interesting and the icing on the cake would've been her remaining and being there when Angela came out of her coma. I think she would've been proud of Emma for keeping the family together. 

I also find that for once I love most of the new characters. I like that they tied everybody to someone existing. Genele was was very complex femme fatale, Lauren is more interesting than I expected considering she is the good girl and I loved Michael. I think they definitely has reshaped the canvas in a way that they could've gotten another couple seasons out of it. The show needed a new villain and a shift in focus, so I appreciated what Michael brought to the show. It was nice to see Richard with a strong protagonist. I hated the stuff with him fighting with Angela and was glad they allowed him to evolve.

• Members

I was Just very much surprised by seeing Jill i mean Brenda Dickson on Falcon Crest and in a Scene with Julia who i discovered not long ago was also on Y&R as Lydia Summers, Phyllis' Mom, but she didn't reappear apparently and i know Later Tony returned initially to be with Julia and ultimately got together with Kit Marlowe did they give a reason why she never reappeared because she was seemed preggs with Tony's Spawn, was she another setup by Angie and Lance?