ALL: Saddest Soap Moments

• Members

After they mop up the blood, though, Paul and Maria would dial up Jennifer Landon and see if she were interested in being the new Ashley.

Daniel: Seriously, Abby, your mom's been looking crazy hot lately....

Abby: Must be the new "Ho by Jabot" line.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Christine Tudor Newman's (Gwyn, LOV)final performances were so superb! To this day they still bring me to tears (especially after re-watching my Loving Murders tapes), and I cannot believe that not ONE soap has picked her up since then!

• Members

Funny enough, I was just watching those scenes yesterday. The show was already deeply craptastic by then, but those 2-3 episodes with Storm's suicide and the heart-transplant surgery (I still say it was probably the best production values they've ever had, even showing the heart!) were pure awesomeness and you could see why they won that Emmy for them (B&B's first!).

Cassie's Death is very sad, but one that got me was Victoria grieving for Ryan's death, seeing him in her dream and then waking up to be comforted by Nikki. Damn, that was good.

• Members

This doesn't seem to be online but I thought Harold the Dog's death on AMC was very moving, the actors all did a wonderful job, and I was very touched by that last scene where Harold ran up to Natalie, and looked back one last time, and she told him everyone would be OK.

• Members

Actually they did do a scene of Lillian at Mo's grave.. where she asks for forgiveness and to move on before her marriage to Buzz (which is funny, the actress was fired to make way for Deas,) It was exceptionally well done in the writing and the acting and one of the few scenes that really worked with GL's production process (i.e. Lillian was in a real cemetary looking at what looked like a real marker instead of on astroturf...if only they could have kep the old sets and supplemented them with the outside camera work that process could have really been brialliant, oh well, another just miss that led to GL dying.) But Tina Sloane asked for the scene to be written. Wheeler probably asked "Was Maureen a Cooper?"

Nadine, she annoyed the hell out of me, another Cooper taking a part of Nola's personality. While I would have just sent her out of town with that trucker she was dating, I did think the murder was kinda of scary (psychic Nadine was still dumb, and thinking her visions were of Marion's murder when it was her, and Marion was the killer,) and the scene following was ballsy tastelessly funny, (Marion cleaning the carpet of Nadine's blood like a housewife, listening to the bugged A-M and Lucy and commenting like a housewife listening to a soap..I still say that this storyline was overlooked for its satire of soap convention...and then throwing Nadine in the dumpster" Have a little diner food Deeney!") but then I didnt like the character so I can see why people who did objected, they didnt even let them find her body for months..but one less Cooper on my screen is a good thing! But then, I also LURVED that storyline.

• Members

I remember the scene, it was a wonderful scene. That's why I suggested they might have had Ellen Parker come back for that.

I agree that the cemetery scenes tended to work best with the production method...Olivia had one as well.

• Members

LOL..it would have been appropriate wouldnt it, concerning the show was dead in the water when they switched over. But come to think of it, GL did have so many of their characters talking to tombstones during the last year...I guess everyone interesting was dead..(or good listeners.)

On one hand I am glad that they didnt have Mo return. The production process was just not suited for "Ghosts," or dreams...I know Jenna was a figment of Buzz's imagination but it still didnt work (figments/ghosts need shaws and coats and look like they are freezing.)

I guess a good topic would be, "How could GL's production process worked?"

• Members

I guess it was supposed to be some metaphor for GL ending.

This little moment improvised by Lisa Brown is one of the moments that most moved me in GL's last episodes, when Nola blows a kiss to Company on her way out. It's more like saying goodbye to the GL she loved and knew. Indeed, it seems like Lisa Brown basically improved a lot of important scenes for the hell of it (that, and the line about being back together with Quint). I guess this was one of those times where GL's make it up as we go along filming style paid off.

Archived