ALL: Saddest Soap Moments

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brookside had a ton of deaths, were there any you thought were moving, Amello?

A few other Emmerdale moments which sadly don't seem to be on Youtube:

When Ashley and Laurel went to court to gain custody of their biological son, Arthur, who had been given accidentally to Mel and Greg Doland (their biological child was the late baby Daniel). The beginning of the episode had Kate Bush's brilliant "This Woman's Work", and one of the last scenes was Mel sinking to her knees, weeping at the loss of her son.

Matthew King's funeral, which was so hard to watch, between drunken Jimmy raging at the funeralgoers for only caring when his brother is already gone, Carl talking about how Matthew had never been the same after their mother's death, and that last scene of Matthew's fiance, Anna, driving by and seeing Jimmy trying to bury his brother's corpse.

• Members

I don't know about the LAST time a soap made me cry. Probably a tear or two at Alice's memorial....And I cried when Ashley gave Faith back to Sharon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIXFsdL0tqw

And of course a few years ago when Carly found out Michael was "dead"...Wow, heartbreaking performance by Tamara Braun.

And Maxie's eulogy at Georgie's funeral....I was SO pissed that they ruined Felicia like this....But I thought Kirsten was outstanding and deserved the Emmy that year...

Archived