ALL: Saddest Soap Moments

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Poor Gwyn. When she first spun around in that Trisha wig with the syringe in her hand it was so creepy. I miss Christine Tudor. She should be playing the mayor of Llanview as recurring, being a snooty society foe for Dorian. Of course I just wsh Gwyn was still alive and they could play the whole Corinth angle.

• Members

It's just so ridiculous that Christine has never worked since this time. I mean she is so unbelievable. Those scenes are so unbelievable. No matter how many times I watch them her work still hits me.

And the story, in some sick way, made so much sense.

• Members

Aftermath of the Kat/Zoe reveal where Kat confronts her rapist uncle Harry and then tries to commit suicide:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8t0tUMEvBk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8t0tUMEvBk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8t0tUMEvBk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This is why I hate when some fans group Kat in with a screaming banshee like Bianca. There's a lost little girl quality about Kat, she's hard on the outside, but soft on the inside. She uses her sexuality and her hardness to mask her hurt and vulnerability. She's the type of character EastEnders did so well.

• Members

I agree, Y&RWT. There was a lot of sensitivity in Kat, a lot of vulnerability. Then again, so was Bianca before her 2008 return.

Ed's eulogy for Hillary, and a beautiful moment with Bert at the casket. These scene always upset me, as, along with the later exit of Maureen, they basically represent the death of the Bauers.

• Members

The kind of creepy thing is.. I think this was one of the last, if not the last appearance of Charita Bauer until she died months later.

What is it with the P& G shows post 1980 in killing off all the young characters. I can see the Lujack death, but Hillary's didnt lead to anything (other then getting rid of another Bauer, but I was not even a big fan of dykey Hillary.) Then ATWT killed off Bryant and Jennifer. The Bryant one was really weird as I never really thought of that terrible actor as a "real person," or as Bryant, so I could see why the rest of the actors had a hard time in working up tears.

For me, the Maureen death was so sad as it was unexpected, and so "real." It really felt like a real person had died and every character delt with it in such a natural way it was almost nightmarish in its intensity. I am glad that no writer or producer caved in and brought her back either as a twin (E & B had cooked up a plot where they had a woman receive her heart and then have plastic surgery to look like Mo...dumb and weird.) I don't think I would have been so strong and probably have cheaply brought her back. I don't know why they didnt bring Mo's ghost back for the finale. We got Jenna a few months before (oh, but she is a Cooper so...)

What really get me was not a death but the episode on GL when Bert finally breaks down after her amputation. She is being strong for friends and family, being her usual cheeful self, but then she is in the kitchen and drops a plate and can't pick it up and crys out of frustration. It was real and raw, not only because Charita had actaully HAD an amputation, but it was like seeing Santa Claus cry...Bert Bauer was always supposed to be strong for everyone else..not breakdown.

• Members

They should have done more with Maureen at the finale...I guess it didn't help that Michelle and Ed were not even around by then, aside from a few scenes in the show's last few months. I even would have taken a scene with Lillian at the gravesite.

The scene where they get the news about Maureen doesn't entirely work for me, but Vanessa's reaction does.

Nadine's murder also got me very upset, but that was more over how stupid and unnecessary it was.

• Members

This isn't a big life changing moment for the characters but it moved me. Sublime work from Mary Kay Evans as she tells Phillip how much she loves him...and then tries to pass this off as a joke, since she knows he will never feel the same way.

• Members

I think the moment that really got me during Maureen's death was when Bridget visited her grave after everyone had left and told Maureen if she could have given her baby to Maureen she would, since Maureen could never have children. Melissa Hayden did a great job with those scenes.

• Members

Didi O'Neill Buchanan dies.

I'd forgotten about that.

Roger visiting Maureen's grave after everyone else had left, as he had not been allowed to attend the funeral, also got to me. I used to have that scene on tape. Sadly I don't think it's online.

• Members

I've wanted to see that Roger at Maureen's graveside scene again for years.

Maureen/Roger was such an interesting dynamic, and I always loved how she was the only one that could admit to seeing good in him. It also helped that they both felt like outsiders to the bond that Ed/Holly shared.

Archived