ALL: Saddest Soap Moments

• Members

The last time a soap made me cry? Well (no jokes this time), I did shed a few tears the day GUIDING LIGHT aired its last episode. But I think that had more to do with the knowledge that, come Monday, "Springfield" wouldn't be around anymore; and not necessarily anything that happened during that particular show.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw Isabella's death (Days) on YT again, and I was that college sophomore all over again as I was back in '92 watching it on TV. Cried my eyes out then and now. And while never stellar, Drake Hogestyn even tried to step up.

It was sad but beautiful. And powerful since Isabella actually STAYED DEAD, a huge thing for Days.

• Members

Jenny giving her daughter Mary back to Katrina Karr. The first time I saw these scenes they hit me so hard, and for some reason, they still do. Both her prayer at the beginning of the episode and the scenes where she says goodbye. Thank goodness the show still had these credits at this time, as the moment wouldn't have been the same with the Llanview tour theme.

• Members

Baby deaths usually get me. Lauren's son Dylan (who Sheila had switched Scotty for), Jack and Nikki's baby dying, John saying goodbye to his baby while Barbara was in a coma on ATWT....all that gets me.

Maureen and Jenna's deaths on GL, Hal's wake on ATWT, and when Carly broke down telling Jack she was dying were the last things I remember making me cry.

I really expect to during the wake for Nancy as well. If not specifically for Nancy, as part of the grieving process for ATWT.

• Members

When Stone died on GH. To this day, I can't watch those scenes without tears falling. I cried other times, but that one really broke me.

Oh, I also cried when Cassie on Y&R died which surprised me because I didn't care for the character. It was so sad.

• Members

Stone's Death does it to me always.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

But the last time I bawled for real was when Sami on Days lost baby Grace. And on GH when Tamara Braun's Carly found out Michael died.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Hollyoaks, Max dies.

A few years earlier, Mandy leaves, after the death of her baby, Grace.

Max, OB, and Mandy basically carried Hollyoaks for years. Now the show's idea of a veteran cast member is if they last a year...

Archived