ALL: Saddest Soap Moments

• Members
Last time I checked, my name wasn't Laura Wright.

Man please. Zimmer was fighting for herself. Not for GL and not for fellow actors. To even suggest that you buy that line of bull from her makes you delusional. I thought you were better than that!

And how did she succeed in fighting for actor's rights? She had to renegotiate her contract about a year and a half later and probably had to take whatever deal they gave her because she's an older(and considerably less attractive) actress than she was before.

I wouldn't consider Kimmer to be popular or "headlining press." Braeden at least made mainstream entertainment news and rags this past year. What did Kimmer do? Bitch to Carolyn Hinsey over endless stacks at IHOP to get on the cover of Digest. Big damn deal.

You got the wrong poster with your ridiculous Rowell comparison. I'm not her fanboi. Had you've insulted any of the actresses I actually DO champion on the board(i.e. Dahlia Salem, Brianna Brown, Lisa Lo), then it would have held weight(like Zimmer at Easter Brunch).

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. She took a stand on behalf of the entire cast & she (and only she) made her $$$ & her guarantee. Good for her! :rolleyes:

Funny that most GL fans consider the last glory period of the show to be 1989-1993, when GL was Reva-less, or, for those who see the glass half full, Reva-free. The scenery budget went down 150% from lack of chewing alone.

And why is the fat bitch not on our screens then? When did Zimmer have 3 soaps simultaneously interested in her anyway? The only show on the air right now I could see her on is Cake Boss.

But the real question is why are they not looking for Cynthia Watros or Michelle Forbes? You know, the two talented actresses who upstaged her & went on to character roles & DWIs that actually made the news.

• Members

In keeping with the topic, here are some sad soap moments:

-Every year Kimmer decided to renew her contract at GL.

-Kimmer making BJ's child molestation storyline all about Jodie.

-Reva turning up alive after all.

-Kimmer bragging to Digest that she makes her married love scene partners d*cks hard.

• Members

Bitch please. Zimmer's overweight. And she's still headlining news. Nobody would give a flying f*ck if Beth Chamerlin, Liz Kiefer, Tina Sloan, Justin Deas, or any other Z-lister former GL actor landed a gig as a security guard or bed pan wannabe nurse on One Life to Live or The Old and the Dutiful.

WOW, KIM ZIMMER IS OVERWEIGHT. Boo hoo.... She's still in demand. Some 55 years old and the broad will still sell magazines on the cover of Soap Opera Digest. The bitch is a well-known diva that some 2.5 million GL fans adore. Don't hate on the fatties.... Charita Bauer (Bert) chubbed up during her last ten years and look how she's revered.

Get an effin' clue. La Zimmer is and was the only star-power name of Guiding Light. Nobody gives a flying f&ck about Justin Deas, Frank Dicopoulous, Maeve Kinkead, Lisa Brown (who? Oh yea, that horse-voiced homely bitch from the early 80's... she's still alive?) etc. etc....

It's funny you poke fun at La Queen Zimmer's weight. Would love to know what number the scale breaks at when you step on your scale. Zimmer's a BIG FAT TUBBIE and people STILL want to see that hot fat bitch strut her stuff as the Slut of Springfield, Llanview, Genoa City, L.A., Salem, whatever the hell.... La Zimmer would be a casting coup.

A certain non-fiction/fiction-writing former diva desperately tweeting for employment would kill for that kind of popularity.

Kim Zimmer is a fat cow. Yada yada yada. That punchline is getting old. Meanwhile, soaps are interested in hiring her. Same can't be said for other borderline bi-polar out-of-work divas.......

• Members

And hence, another year saved for GL and hundreds of employeees.

Wow, a soap that died 17 years ago. Eat some bon bons and comfort yourself over the loss of a soap 17 years old dead and feel better Peggy Bundy. And if you're still able to get yourself off the sofa, take a jog around the block after your precious soaps are over for the day and get rid of your massive pounds of flab weighing you down.

And hence, GL survives another 14 years.

Cuz she's not a prissy pu$$y.... outspokenness sells magazines, sparks conversations, and keeps people interested. Your arguments are lame. As are morbidly obese soap opera viewers who have no friends outside of their TV screens....

• Members

I won't deny Zimmer was a star actress (in relative terms) for GL, but without or without her, I think GL would have been canceled at the time it was canceled regardless. None of Reva's stories in the 00's had any ratings or critical impact.

Also, the show had already proved it could prosper creatively without her, as most of the time she was away was considered the show's last renaissance era.

• Members

I guess you forgot about the year 1994. Backstage politics killed Guiding Light. But there's no denying that the popularity of the Reva character is what kept people interested from 1995-2009. Blah blah blah all you want, what's done is done. Procter & Gamble decided to change up their executive producers and writers in the mid-90's and f&ck up their shows (GL, ATWT, AW). But La Zimmer was the main attraction of Guiding Light. She could sell a f&ckin' human cloning storyline and help maintain the show's 4.2 rating while All My Children and As the World Turns slipped into the 3's.... and then the clone story ended and GL slipped right into the 3's right with the rest of the New York soaps. Spin it all you like, what's done is done, and La Zimmer was a f&ckin' STAR of GUIDING LIGHT, and helped keep the struggling show alive during its last 12 years on air. Wow, so she's fat now in 2010 and has been so for the past 3 years.... who f*ckin' cares? Melody Thomas Scott is inching up to Lane Bryant sizes too, and people still want to see her struttin' her stuff with nearly-octogenarian Victor Newman on Y&R, so fatness of popular daytime divas isn't an argument.

• Members

Um yeah no.... Not igniting a board war. I've got this thing called a life. One inebriated night does not = board war in defense of La Zimmer.

Wow. Lame comeback. I expected better from you bellcurve. Also proves you have no valid comeback. Thank you for that validation. :lol:

:::Yawn::::

:::Ruffles Your Hair:::

:::Gets Back to Picking Cotton on the Plantation:::

P.S. La Rowell's fans = Just as Nutty as She Is... Yikes.

Archived