B&B: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Susan Flannery is a notable exception to the role -- but look how expressively she uses her entire being to convey Stephanie's crazy rage, jealousy, self-righteousness and, at times, tenderness.

I don't think I will ever stop being a fan of that woman.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I totally agree, and am a huge fan as well.... I had the joy of meeting her 6 years ago and couldn't stop gushing :)

And see therein lies the B&B irony... some of them get so nipped 'n tucked and pulled and plumped, and they're still given supporting storyline or fired every few years. Yet, you have the overweight, wrinkled, white-haired Flannery stealing the scenes *every* *single* *time*! Even if Stephanie isn't driving the story, Flannery performance outshines everyone else on stage.

• Members

Well, she is exceptional -- I don't think I would have stopped gushing either! Even when she was in her glorious 40s during the early days of B&B, she and Joanna Johnson made a stunning tag team in terms of acting.

But yes, I see what you mean. It is the Nicole Kidman Syndrome where actresses are botoxed out of their ability to even emote (perhaps we should call this Ronn Moss Syndrome when referring to Daytime LOL). The pressure this industry puts on them to be impossibly thin and youthful...

• Members

ROFLMAO!!! OMG, I just watched Monday's episode. The double slap is a classic. I re-watched it 5 times and still can't stop laughing. It was so surprising and perfectly done. I'm going to watch today's episode now.

All hail Stephanie, Queen of the Slaps!

How delusional is Jackie? Owen will be leaving her not long after that baby is born.

Archived