B&B: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still think Hunter looks stunning. If you want to talk flat hair, KKL owns that crown. But KKL can get away with it because she doesn't let it get too long. The longer hair is, the more flat it looks. That said, if they're not going to do THIS with Hunter's hair, then she should consider getting it trimmed :lol:

8322_150568200377_117500000377_3168938_6377146_n.jpg

• Members

I think Kimberly's talents are able to save him in a lot of respects... because he is really good when he's bouncing off of her, even in a fairly dramatic situation, but especially in the cutesy couple scenes. They really sell it as a cute couple, and Zach himself has something about him that I want to like... he just falls flat, I'll be generous, at least 75% of the time.

• Members

Just seventy-five percent? Wow. That is being generous. ;-P

Here's my problem with Zach Conroy (as well as with many other young actors currently in this genre): although I know nothing about his personal life, it seems to me he has not suffered enough as a human being to sell the deeper, darker emotions his scenes often call for. Go back to when his and Brooke's romp had been exposed to one and all at the press conference. An actor who has been on the receiving end of some effed-up sexual psychodrama should be able to call up those emotions of fear, angst and even a hint of relief, perhaps, when he's being asked to play a carefully concealed secret being revealed. Yet, as someone (I'm sorry, I don't remember who) on this board said, it was as if Conroy had just found a zit. If there's such a thing as an actor's emotional toolbox, then his is woefully short of tools.

Conversely, as you've said, ian, whenever he and Kim Matula play the more "innocent" moments of Hope and Oliver's relationship, Conroy is refreshingly sweet and engaging. I think that's because his natural, youthful and earnest self comes through. Bradley Bell should've recognized that early on, giving Hope and Oliver a more classic young love story - something daytime could certainly use these days, anyway - instead of the twisted and, frankly, preposterous one that we actually got (and that, IMO, has pretty much ruined any chance of Hope and Oliver continuing their relationship).

• Members

Here's an excerpt from Michael Fairman's interview with KKL and ZC recently. Even MF addressed ZC's "acting"... to which KKL responded ever so politely:

MICHAEL:

"Zack has a very laid back style to the acting, which is very refreshing to see on soap operas."

KATHERINE:

"He is not soapy and his approach is very laid back. It’s good and refreshing. Sometimes, I watch myself in a scene with him and go, “Oh, God. I am over acting! I’ve got to tone down a little.” And it’s nice and refreshing to see that on daytime, because sometimes the actors feel they have to chew the scenery too much. It’s best just to relax into it and be conversational. But again, I was so nervous to work with Zack the first day. You made me nervous! Look at his eyes!"

If a professional like KKL is "over acting" and has to "tone down a little..." hell naw you know there's a problem <_<

• Members

lol - everyone's being generous to ZC it seems. He's "laid back".

I'm going back and forth between really liking him and Hope together and then wanting her to smack the taste out of his mouth for his whole "Hope, I'm a guy. You could have expected I'd have wanted to take your virginity against a wall if you asked me to. Having a penis isn't an excuse for using it - and that works in many many many respects, both in daytime and otherwise.

• Members

Bridget: "Why are you so good to me?"

Jackie: "I dont know. It's because I love you. I adore you. You're having my husband's baby"

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? :unsure:

OMG, Stephanie slapped the sh-t out of Brooke twice! Was not expecting that!

Archived