OLTL: Discussion for the week August 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rafe! Thank you. I wanted to say EJ and now I remember that' his real name. Yeah, for all of Jonathan's OTTedness there was Remy's woodenness to counter. And I can't shake the image (but moreso the SOUND) of that annoying Crystal Hunt. Marcy Rylan was a good recast.

• Members

Crystal was awful on GL. I don't think Conboy cast one good teen on GL. Or much of anyone of worth.

Leccia isn't great but she can be better than this. It's a thankless, worthless role. After they have done this with Saundra Santiago, TWICE, I thought they might have learned. Then again they brought back Gina Tognoni with no story, so who knows.

• Members

1.) I think while KA/Starr isn't a supermodel, she's far from "ugly". I think we can all be thankful that she wasn't recasted along her 12 year career with a blonder, bustier, and poorer "actress". I'm surprised she has maintained this role so long- that being said, she plays much better as a fiesty, somewhat-bitchy teenager. Not a soppy, love-stricken boob.

2.) While I'm enjoying the fact they're using Layla more [ <3 ] ... this Evangeline "death" story is very pointless. I can't help but wonder if the only reason that it is happening in the first place is that TPTB needed a reason to pull Layla/Cristian into the Eli story... and the LAWYERS! lightbulb went off in someone's head at some point. They are/were both lawyers; of course they must know each other. I think while at this point in time Evangeline is not a needed character, she is viable and could have returned at some point.

3.) While I'm not a huge Todd/Tea fan, I do find this story incredibly sad. I have teared up on several occassions... FL knows how to cry, that's for sure.

4.) So- with all the rumors/fan suggestions that this would be the perfect time for RH to return as the "real Todd"- I find it highly interesting that TPTB would just randomly choose to use pictures of RH's Todd, and continuously point out that "this" Todd looks nothing like the "old" Todd. Is this just baiting fans who are begging for RH's return? Is it testing the waters for such a storyline? At any rate, it seems highly suspicious that they would use that specific plot point for no other reason than just a few dramatic scenes... IMO, there have been many viable ideas about how Eli is working for the real Todd, and explanations for how they could bring back RH while keeping TSJ (which would be the ultimate plan should the show ever go that route- no way they would drop TSJ for RH).

5.) While I truly adore the characters of David and Dorian- this merry-go-round is just falling flat. I have tried to defend it- and while they might reunite, it seems like poor comedy filler.

6.) All these Kim mentions (and the fact that behind the scenes at some point, it seems like Clint figured out David blackmailed her out of town) make me REALLY itch for her to return. I would prefer AS, who I find to be a very charismatic and enjoyable actress, but if they have to recast... I say do it. There is a lot of potential there. What was the secret that was so bad that she couldn't face telling Clint- after EVERYTHING she's already done? And the rivalry potential with Jessica/Natalie is just limitless. Again- are they testing the waters for fan feelings on a Kim return? Or just trying to find some way to utilize Clint- now that he has had absolutely nothing to do since AS/Kim left?

7.) Sorry- John/Nat doesn't work... and that's because John doesn't work. Year after year, romance after romance, stupid cop drama after stupid cop drama- he will always be a boring, underacted, unattractive supposed "male lead". If ME really has THAT many fans- why can't he just have his own damn show? Oh wait- that was Port Charles, and it was cancelled. Time to cut losses and move on... he just doesn't do anything for me (and a lot of viewers outside people who for some insane reason find him attractive).

8.) Blech- Rex and Gigi need to slide further onto the back burner. Luckily they are playing props at the moment, but they are so done. I'd rather have Rex/Adriana back than this. And in the words of my roommate- "Why the hell is Gigi's hair different every day? She looks like an idiot." I was one of the few who were excited about FF- because I loved early-Mimi on Days. Major fail.

9.) I'm in the minority- but I like GT/Kelly still. I am thankful there is finally movement in this story- now time to wrap it up, bring back Kevin full time, and give her a real story. If I hear her say "my mother's killer" again I will die.

10.) While I find him to be pretty boring and lifeless, Cole is much more desirable with Hannah. Speaking of which- I really enjoy Hannah, and hope they keep her around. She is definitely redeemable at this point, and I fail to see a reason to let her go.

11.) Ford/James- eh. We've definitely seen worse. But adding in Nate/Inez to create a huge insta-family (even JOHN MCBAIN doesn't have that many family members!) is overkill. I like Inez, which is apparently an unpopular opinion. I can tolerate Ford and James, and even Nate. But connecting them all into one family, hoping that one or another helps prop the others, again is overkill. I fear that with Jessica's baby's paternity still up in the air- they are waiting to see how the Ford family sticks with viewers. If it is even anything other than completely negative- I'm betting they will use that opportunity to tie Ford to a major family. The baby WILL live in that case (not so sure if it is Brody's)... and there will be the subsequent "was it or wasn't it rape?"

12.) John/Nat/Brody/Jessica: here's how I would hope for it to play out... Natalie continues to hope that it is John's baby, while in reality it is Brody's. Jessica's baby could be Brody's or Ford's- but that's not the real story. Could Jessica and Brody make it- knowing that Natalie is carrying his child? Of course, this is the point that John decides to leave town after losing a second child (that for months he assumed was his). Boom- touching, powerful exit story for John. Natalie now will have to struggle with the fact that she has "ruined" her sister's happiness after choosing not to get an abortion. She will contemplate raising the child on her own- without Brody. Brody, of course, will not stand for this. Lots of potential with just Nat/Brody/Jess without even involving John or Ford. Go the simple route- have both baby's be Brody's.

And those are some of my thoughts :ph34r::blink:

• Members

Something else: if TSJ's Todd were to be revealed as an impostor, it might - might - let him off the hook for his and Marty's "rapemance." Which might - again, might - lead the way for some twisted Marty/John/"Todd" triangle.

I'd write it that she was once his grandson, C.J. Roberts', gf; and that she's been keeping the product of their relationship - their baby - a secret from everyone all this time.

• Members

Double win.

I fail to understand why they don't hire a longtime fan as a headwriter for once- instead of recycling old head writers. If daytime is really dying- you would think it would be one last attempt at saving it.

I also fail to understand why, of all characters ever brought onto the show, that CJ was not one of them. So many ties to the characters- and also, the show is generally lacking in strong male leads, especially young ones. Missed opportunities! (Imagine how different it would have been if Kyle or Fish were replaced with CJ instead? A gay main character- WITH A CHILD of his own- would be something fresh and undone). But who are we.

• Members

Because, not every fan would be good at it. Especially those whose idea of good storytelling boils down to such-and-such couple being the subject of every scene of every episode, and whose biggest obstacle amounts to a hangnail and a missing pair of clippers.

Not Brian Frons' partner wife, that's for sure.

• Members

Hmmmm.... so, Greg seemed to know that Tea didn't go off of her meds and that she was lying. Lucky guess? Or would not taking her meds make her better- because it's the meds thats making her sick?!

I just remembered back to who it was who convinced Tea to go ahead with the treatment- Blair. And who also knew about Tea then? Eli. Eli pep talks Blair... Tea gets treatment and starts taking meds... Tea continues to get worse....

Anyways.

And also- Carlotta comes out of the shadows because someone remembered how close Tea was to the Vegas?

Was there ever even a scene where Dani MET Carlotta??

• Members

Um yeah. There's NO way Greg is innocent in all this. He needs a storyline and insta-bad guy is pretty much what I'd expect from this show right now.

I love Carlotta :) I'm glad they're using SOME relevant recurring character in any capacity. Poor Renee, Roxy, etc. But yeah, don't think she met Dani in any scenes previous. Dani and co. often her diner, though.

Archived