OLTL: Discussion for the week August 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, I hate you OLTL!

First, you kill off my favorite character like she was some common dayplayer. And second, you gave John a scene that made me like him in the process.... -_-

That John and Layla scene, was actually pretty brilliant, and seeing John cry and then say she deserves a toast :wub:

I'm going to go watch some Tangeline scenes to make me feel better :(

I'm running out of favorite soap characters....Skye, Arianna, Evangeline,Luke, Annie (your all I got left..don't let Ms. Minshew steal your shine girl).

• Members

I won't go into detail, but this song's been resting on my soul, and when I looked it up and found that someone made this fan video to it, I just had to share given recent events on the show:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WCwQEsvakh0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WCwQEsvakh0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WCwQEsvakh0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

• Members

I know it'd be hard to prove, but I'm still convinced Tess (and Jess' other personalities), the child abuse recollections and even most of the retconned history behind Nat's conception and the subsequent baby switch are all post-hypnotic suggestions, courtesy of Mitch Laurence.

• Members

OT and totally random, but imagine how much more interesting the Evans family would be on this show if they were the Evans family from "Good Times"?

* J.J. finds a new art patron in Dorian.

* Thelma becomes caught in a love triangle with Clint and Matthew.

* Michael and Penny team up to help their good friends, Cole and Starr, reunite (that is, when Michael isn't busy staging protests, and Penny isn't busy shoplifting on Christmas).

* Willona is working at the boutique when her earrings - which are, in fact, listening devices - pick up Natalie breaking down and admitting that Brody might have fathered her baby.

* Bookman and Roxy constantly confuse the hell out of each other at the Angel Square Hotel, where Bookman is (supposed to be working as) head of maintenance.

* "Sweet Daddy" Williams blackmails Eli.

* Florida and Viki bond in Viki's kitchen (over maid's Viki's coffee and Florida's pecan pie) over mutual hassles involving their children.

* James threatens to box John McBain's ears as the investigation into Thelma's mugging (caused by Eli) becomes hopelessly stalled.

• Members

En Vogue was THE girl group of the early '90s, the female Jodeci. Couples and romance have never been my thing on soaps, I'm more into psychological/family drama, but put some En Vogue or Jodeci behind a love scene and you've got me in the palm of your hand.

• Members

Here's a little more OT and randomness for you... Esther Rolle (Florida Evans on Good Times) actually appeared on OLTL for a short time in 1971, when she briefly stepped into the role of Sadie Gray, while Lillian Hayman took a leave from the show.

Archived