OLTL: Discussion for the week August 2

• Members

I doubt it would be very different. Being a main character did nothing to keep Tina, Sarah, Duke, Kevin, Joey, or River around, and it didn't stop them from taking away any story Matthew had and giving it to Nathesulah. CJ would have had no relatives on the canvas aside from cousins who have their own problems and rarely notice any other family, Todd who only spends time with his family if he wants to hurt them or have them kiss his rear end, and Viki, who again mostly only cares about Todd and her daughters. The show would have banished CJ as they have banished nearly every other Buchanan/Lord relative.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I think KA is pretty. Maybe not by TV standards, but more in a real world kind of way. I like having a few characters that are closer to average looking on my shows. I don't think KA ever has to be the show's main lead the way ES or KDP were (are?). She could always be more like KMac on GH. A fan fav who is in a secondary role. At this point I think Bree will be the star of the show when it goes out.

• Members

I'm another KA supporter. I think it's great that the show has kept her in the role from childhood and not replaced her with a hair model. I also think she's a competent young actress who's called on to carry a lot of weight for the show, and does so admirably. And she looks just fine to me.

• Members
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny and true! I get nauseated just looking at him onscreen. He's fairly good as an actor but has all these jerky aggressive body movements that are annoying. Fwhored family is too much for me. Llanview that I knew and loved no longer exists. As for Inez and Bo. GMFB. Benign flirting OK, affair- gross. Not to mention an almost 30 year age difference between the actors.

• Members

As long as there is breath in Erika Slezak's body, yeah, I'm sticking with the real deal.

Anyone notice Starr's hard 'r' in "gangstER"? :P I wonder if they thought "gangstA" might be taken the wrong way.

• Members

I feel as though in a few months, OL will have it's own "return" promo like Brenda/Kendall...

Which is the most likely?

"The man you thought you knew." {flash of TSJ} "Is not who you think!" {cut to a man in the shadows, stepping into the light} "Roger Howarth returns to One Life To Live as the REAL Todd Manning!" {flash of tsjTodd, Tea, Blair, Starr, Dani, Viki, Marty, etc.}

or

"... a shocking turn of events: Evangeline is alive!" {flash of Layla, Cristian, Todd, John, Nora, Bo}... cut to Evangeline awake in a hospital bed, and pan up to Timothy D. Stickney's RJ standing over her.

Archived