OLTL: Discussion for the week August 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she'll get that redemption arc Hannah, at very least I think she'll be around for a while. Honestly, I'd take Hannah and anyone over Langston and Ford.

Did Dorian just call David "cat [!@#$%^&*]"? :unsure:

Shades of Kim with Mandy and Clint, though I don't think this actress is strong enough to go on contract. Then again Denise Vasi stranger things have happened.

• Members

It's a double standard, I agree, but I think that Dorian's general work as mayor has been so pointless, after the stuff with Mitch she's done very little in office. I'm stunned they even left her as mayor -- I think they just keep her there because it helps fill a little bit of a blank with her, they can throw a bone.

I didn't think Setton was that good either, but she had chemistry with JvD. The chemistry with him was the only thing which ever made that Stacey-enabling, baby-endangering character work, for me. I don't know if this Mandy will have the same chemistry even if they actually give Clint a story again. She is OK, but the scenes with David were kind of painful.

It's hard to remember sometimes that Tuc used to be good at comedy.

If she didn't then they'd have to actually write good material for Todd and Tea. As it is now just give Blair more idiot plots and have her worthless kids squawk about the great love of the ages.

• Members

Carl, no, AS was no Robin Strasser, but she at least had some charisma and could kick it above a monotone line delivery.

I'm really sick of Blair, it's always the same old same old with her. It's impossible to believe that she's the schemer she once was who was always one step ahead of whatever man she was dealing with.

• Members

Blair is no longer a character and hasn't been in years. She is just there to make the show's studs look better.

AS had her moments, but I just never really cared about Kim beyond Clint, and I don't think that she would have stayed with him if Amanda had remained with the show.

• Members

Oh she definitely abused her power more than once, and the stuff with replacing Bo with the guy from Remember WENN, the evil ex-mayor, was probably enough to get anyone thrown out of office. I thought she would be forced to resign. I'm still surprised that didn't happen.

Since it didn't, I wish they could do a story where she has to battle a recall petition. Maybe Nora could run against her.

• Members

Other things got more attention but I think Nora returning to the shadows was probably one of the biggest signs of Frons calling more shots over the past year. Hard to believe at this time last year Rachel was back for the first time in ages and Matthew actually had a storyline.

• Members

I loved the first few years of the show. I lost some interest after that and never finished up the show. I thought the cast was great and I thought they captured that era brilliantly, and it was far less self-conscious and ponderous as a lot of what AMC has become. It's a shame that it is not seen with the same endless hype as something like Mad Men, but it was on an era of AMC which a lot of people, including AMC itself, looked down on.

Archived