ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

That's interesting. I never knew about Mary Grover. I remember Janice said she could only play basic piano - I wonder if that was the real reason they cast her.

I haven't seen enough of Bennye to give an opinion on her work as Susan but the one episode I did see, she seemed like an out of place frump.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A spring 1979 Daytime Stars magazine mentions that Camilla Carr has just been cast as the new Alice Frame and her only problem is a now bicoastal relationship with her boyfriend. I have never heard of this woman as Alice. IMDB says she played Rita Connelly in 1979, whoever that is. Did they switch roles?

A SOU from 1994 mentions Jessica Tuck having a role on Models Inc.

• Members

After the unsuccessful audition as Tina, Tonja Walker auditioned for a Caroline recast on B&B (she didn't seem too thrilled with that experience) and then for the role of Ceara on AMC (she thought she had a good chance before she realized they only really wanted Genie Francis).

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Sherry Stringfield initially auditioned for the Mindy Lewis recast (eventually taken by Kimberley Simms) before getting the role of Blake on GL.

Not exactly "They Almost Became"s, but I thought this was interesting

Both Finola Hughes and Jane Elliot turned down the chance to join Port Charles around the time Debbi Morgan left but before Kimberlin Brown came in.

• Members

OMG too funny that Camilla Carr could have ever been considered for Alice. I never found her dull - she was total camp. So over the top Catholic fire and brimstone, she was the worst kind of caricature. I think she was always telling Eileen she would go to hell. Poor Stephen Joyce played her hubby, right?

Tracy Brooks Swope tested for Lorie at one point on Y&R, don't know if this was 1973 or later.

Who was the other actress considered for Lily on ATWT when Martha left in 2008? It was between Noelle Beck and someone whose name I can't recall now, but I remember thinking Noelle was a better choice because I could not imagine a more beautiful coupling than Noelle and Jon Hensley.

• Members

blink.png I find that very surprising. Unlikely even. That role must have been real crap for her to turn down a primetime opportunity like that. I'm sure they would have still taken her later had the L.A. Law gig become a bust.

That's interesting about Sherry because in SOD, Betty Rea said that Sherry caught her eye at her college showcase knowing they'd soon be needing a new Blake.

Tonja's casting tales are really interesting. Also interesting about Jane being approached for Port Charles. That would have made for an even more interesting history with that timeslot given her producer work on Loving and her GH crossover role in The City.

Edited by SFK