ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Heard this from someone years ago, but can't remember whether she read it in the mags or got it from her sources (she had some connections):

GL -- Patrick Mulcahey wanted to bring back Amanda Spaulding as Nancy Lee Grahn, but Jill Farren Phelps nixed it.

ATWT -- NLG was also considered for Margo when Ellen Dolan left in 1993?

• Members

Gary Swanson, who played Greg Mercer on Somerset, was one of the top contenders to replace Christopher Reeve on Love of Life.

Adrian Zmed auditioned to play Max Holden after James de Paiva left in 1990, and was JdP's own personal choice for the role. If he'd gotten the role he would have probably sublet JdP's apartment (this was all in an SOD).

• Members

NLG as ATWT Margo Yeah That was in SOD after Glynnis left in early 94

Adrian zmed As Max. Dont know if that would have worked well

GL wanted Lisa Peluso as Amanda in 95 she said No and they cast Toby Poser

Real Andrews was a finalist for OLTL's Greg Evans but they chose Terell Tilford

Kelly Mcgillis (Top Gun) and Lynn Herring (GH, PC, DAYS, ATWT) Read For Jill On YR when Jess Walton almost walked a few years back

BC would have worked well but Im glad SH was Tom

• Members

James Kirkwood Jr. played Mickey Emerson, the central heroine's (Helen Emerson) son on Valiant Lady. His mother, Lila Lee, tried out for the role, but was turned down because they didn't think she looked old enough to be his mother!

• Members

Stacy McQueen of web series 'Pretty' auditioned for the role of Jenny on GH

I auditioned and screen tested for the role of Jenny. It was between me and a gal named Cheryl Richardson. We hit it off in the waiting room and I told her (and I really meant it) "Well, if I don't get this, I'm going to be happy you got it." She did get it and I was truly happy. I got a call a week later from the wonderful Mark Teshner saying they really liked me and would I like to come on as a candystriper? My manager was like ABSOLUTELY NOT. He pointed out that it was only a three day gig and we should hold out for something bigger. But I was new in town and I LOVED that I didn't have to audition for it. That's how I got the role of candystriper Sheila Cantillion. The three days turned into four, then a week, then a few months and then they offered me a two year contract.

Everyone was petrified of late, great Gloria Monty but I really liked her and she really liked me. She always paid extra attention to me and once told me she was grooming me to be the next big thing on the show. Thanks Gloria! But this was during that weird alternate reality time on GH when the wonderful Tony (Luke) Geary came back as some guy named Bill, just a working class Joe.

Because we all know what soap fans want is to watch a world that's JUST LIKE THEIRS. Anyway, there was very little glamor and it was all about working and not getting paid. All the ones that had been there forever were really wonderful to work with. Except one.

Let's call her "Ms. Soap Diva". She was mean on and off camera. I was so young and still in that place where I wanted everyone to LIKE ME! (Now I don't give a flip) I liked being on the show the most when I got to be funny.

When the scene was over, the whole crew applauded, and the producer stopped by later and told that head honchos in New York had called and were really impressed. Everyone talked about how this story line was going to MAKE MY CHARACTER ON THE SHOW. I had a story line for awhile that Bill's cousin and I were always trying to find a place to make out but no matter where we'd end up, we'd always get caught. One time we even ended up in an underground tunnel. (Artie Johnson discovered us!!!) THEN Gloria Monty got fired. Everyone I worked with were getting fired left and right. My story line was growing (Elizabeth Berkley auditioned for my sister!) and we were at a part where I had an abusive father that came back to Port Charles and I got to do this kick ass crying scene.

I WAS ON TOP OF THE WORLD! And then... it was completely and utterly dropped. The new producer took hold of the show had different ideas. So there never was any mention of it again. My boyfriend, father and sister were fired, and I would go to work, hand Dr. Quartermaine a clip board and go home. I joked about being the highest paid extra in television.

I think the diva she is referring to is Jane Eliot.