ALL: They Almost Became

• Members

Exactly, and how long was she around anyway?

Wow, never heard that about Michael and I do not know WHERE my head has been all these years but I have never even thought about Charlie (let alone old ass Lawford) being her son. His years with Juli, even having watched his scenes with Kelsey and Tad, my mind just didn't make that connection. :wacko: Maybe the Brent thing and how he called Phoebe Grandmother just threw me off. What always gets played up is the Erica dating three generations thing moreso than her dating the son of her former rival.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think her Kelsey return was about 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure. I don't want to check at SOC since someone said they had a virus. :unsure:

I don't think Tara was there for the Charlie/Cecily wedding (although I might be wrong) but she did have one scene with Charlie, and it was jarring.

As much as I liked Lee Meriwether's run as Ruth, the family still lost something without Mary Fickett. I would have brought Tara in more frequently as an adjunct to this, perhaps played up some tension between them, since Ruth had not raised Tara and Tara might have felt she was mishandling Kelsey. Tara could have thrown Tad and his heavy baggage in Ruth's face, as well as Joey basically leaving the family for years and not doing a lot. Ruth would have said Tara had no business talking about the proper way to raise a child. Joe would have looked pained and done some strange squinty smiles.

There was a real wasted opportunity in Kelsey's Martin ties. She was mostly involved in stories with other people and her family interaction was limited to Ruth hectoring her.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yeah, from moment one, LM Ruth had more of an edge (which got softened). I still have her first scene on tape somewhere (*The role of Ruth Martin will now be played by Lee Meriwether*) and she is kinda cold, *almost* bitchy.

• Members

She was definitely very tough - I think there was something of a warmth but also a hard edge. Mary Fickett was also strong but it seems like a quieter, velvet glove strength.

I remember a fan comment that said you could finally believe Joe and Ruth actually had sex. I didn't want to think about that. :lol:

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

What was the reaction to Nancy Frangione's Tara? It's hard for me to think of her as a sweet, motherly heroine when she was so absolutely perfect as selfish, amoral Cecile on AW.

Love the green-screen driving scenes -- reminds me of Saturday Night Live's Toonces the Driving Cat skits.

Nice to see Robin Strasser there. The few times I tuned in to AMC to see her, I thought the character was a dud. But she looks good!

• Members

Robin would agree with you about her AMC character.

I don't know if there was any strong reaction to Nancy. I think by that time people may have been worn out with Tara. I guess it was her choice to leave? I know Mary Lynn Blanks replaced her.