Eric Roberts Joins Y&R

• Members

Who said there was a problem with it? :unsure:

I think some posters had a problem with this being "stunt casting."

But Eric Robets isn't a big enough name for me to think this is stunt casting.

People were just interested in why he was doing the show after never doing guest work in daytime before. I've said all along it was probably his association with Y&R casting agent Matt Kane that got him this job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was looking through the new SPW and one of their cover photos is of Eric Roberts, about how MOVIE STAR JOINS Y&R and they quote him saying something like, "Everyone told me this would ruin my career."

The actual interview has him saying that his response was, "What career?" and that the economy has pushed people to a point where they are doing jobs they might not have done at one time, and that he'd like to stay around if they offered. He comes across well.

I know part of it is to sell magazines but still it's kind of sad if even a soap magazine needs to push the idea that a "movie star" is taking a big risk by being on a soap.

• Members

Not only did he join for economical reasons, but he does seem interested in sticking around and making a career in daytime which I think is an interesting shift. Yeah I still believe it's stunt casting, but I do think he's a strong leading man and in a long term capacity could be useful to the show.

• Members

Yeah, I read that the other day too. They're starting shooting soon so I was wondering if they were going to follow him to Y&R. I've never watched Celeb Rehab so I don't know if it's like Celeb Fit Club where they don't really keep up with them 24/7.

• Members

As much as I don't think much of Eric Roberts' acting ability, I agree that he would be a strong charismatic leading man on Y&R. He could be a real foil for Victor in way that Tucker has not been and Jack has not been for a long time.

• 6 months later...

Archived