Eric Roberts Joins Y&R

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nouri is a bit more classy than Scalia, and he did do some lovely work in his minor parts in things like Traffic and Damages, or I think some independent films. That's more than you can say for Eric Roberts who was D-list going all the way back to the Paul McGann Doctor Who TV movie in 1996, and, I think, Bloodsport or something. Roberts only got things like Expendables and The Dark Knight because he has that greasy, cult recognition.

• Members

Oh, honey, this time it's not you, it's me. I tend to try and always bold every poster's name. If I don't it's out of brief laziness. Actually, when I saw my mistake on Jack I thought to go back and fix it, but then I thought, 'no - let's see how his neuroses internalize it,' and sure enough, here we are again.

• Members

If I might attempt to pierce the endless layers of doubletalk, narcotic haze, and seemingly haphazard smirking, I think what poor old Sylph is trying to tell us is that we soap yokels have a lot of nerve looking down on a hardworking once-somebody like Eric Roberts. Which just adds to my overall long-standing impression that Sylph is, indeed, SON's answer to Eric Roberts, except without the remotely noteworthy career or any semblance of past dignity.

Please note the example here. When dealing with Sylph's continued presence in a long-running thread, the important thing to do is immediately abandon all attempts at following a conventional thought progression, logic, or internal consistency of topic or points to be made. The only moral of any of his posts is that he or whatever he is espousing this week is better than all of you terrible people and these soaps you watch. He is insecure about appearing to ever follow any kind of large crowd, so he will force himself into all sorts of bizarre human pretzels of logic in order to prove he is 'not with them.' In this case the cause celebre is Eric Roberts. Next week it could be British Petroleum, or perhaps Brian Frons. Stay tuned for our next Journey To The Center Of The Would've-Been.

Not your finest hour, but then, how could we tell the difference?

• Members

Y&R hasn't had to go to the press. These castings automatically get attention at various websites like EW which otherwise only talk about Y&R if Eric Braeden is complaining about his salary. They probably also know that these hirings will cause a rash of interviews. If they have Sean Young talking about how Eric Braeden got her a job, then that probably, in their mind, gets more attention for the show.

I don't think Spelling even told the press about Doyle's cameo. Generally, the focus was on the premiere of the show itself, not, look at what primetime name is here.

When the show has so frequently cast actors who are famous for their primetime work, even when these roles are so small, then I think they are going out of their way to try to cast any random role with someone who will be seen as a name.

Even when they have to hire some actors who are more used to daytime so they can deal with a longer run, they tend to hire what they see as daytime stars, even if they have nothing for them to do. Like Stephen Nichols.

The show only casts based on name value. The roles and the scripts are meaningless.

• Members

Sharktopus, people. :lol: That's all I'm saying.

Am looking forward to this brief bit part. Eric Roberts has a distinctive acting voice. Maybe he'll give Michael Muhney tips on how to be a more threatening baddie.

Archived