Eric Roberts Joins Y&R

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess my main gripe is the show employing people with extensive resumes for very small roles that have traditionally gone to day-players and actors who haven't gotten their big break yet. Where's the economic sense in hiring "name" talent for such small roles? I don't get it, it doesn't bring clout, viewers, or recognition to the show, no matter how much its written about in the press.

• Members

Like I said: people finding these actors and actresses hot is irrational. It makes no sense and will never make it. If Maria loves an actor, or Rauch, she will bring him or her no matter what. Simple.

Then people will plug Kim Zimmer in. happy.gif And the rest is known. biggrin.gif

• Members

But I wonder where people get this impression that Rauch or Maria somehow wanted him for this part?

I think I know how Roberts was cast, and it has nothing to do with Rauch or Maria.

Y&R's casting associate, Matt Kane, was the casting associate for The Cleaner, a show Eric Roberts was a guest star on for 11 episodes. See, there, it's simple...

• Members

They had a prior relationship, and since when is Roberts a "Hollywood star?" A working actor yes, but no "Hollywood star."

Kane assisted in the casting process on The Cleaner, and Roberts is one of those actors that apparently will act in almost anything, hence him doing Y&R. There, I got my answer for why he's on the show. :lol:

I've yet to see any substantial proof that Maria or Rauch wanted him for such a little role. Where are we basing this off? A role Robets had in 1977 on AW, where he was recast? :blink:

Archived