Eric Roberts Joins Y&R

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WHAT!? This is crazy. Eric's in two of my all-time favorite movies, Star 80 and The Pope of Greenwich Village ("THEY TOOK MY THUMB CHAHHH-LEEEEEEEEE!!!").

As for the comments re: Eric's face, he smashed it into a tree back in the early '80s. He was in his Jeep, driving from his girlfriend, the late great Sandy Dennis's house out in Westport and her dog went to jump out and he reached to grab it and three days later woke up in a hospital bed a character actor.

• Members

Not that she'd even answer his phone call. :lol: J/K (I think :unsure: ), up until recently they'd been estranged for at least two decades, though Julia did have a relationship with his daughter, actress Emma Roberts. I think the falling out had to do with his substance abuse problem and related stuff that went down back in the day.

• Members

Or, perhaps his agent has a good working relationship with someone at Y&R.

You should be surprised to see how much of hollywood is connected through agents. Furthermore, its surprising to see how many of these actors from otuside prjects coming to soaps share an agent.

why is it that oh, franco is an addict and needs gh to pay his bills and roberts is broke and needs a little change so hes doing Y&R and other actors cant get work so they scrape the bottom of the barrel for soaps, but when someone like betty white does it everyone just says ok? because we know more about betty, we know shes well off and not broke. nothing to sepcualte about. i dont get what makes people think they know so much about an actors finances, when they do not. If this was Lindsay Lohan, sure, it would make since. But to say people liek Franco & Roberts are broke and thats why they are sinking so low is just... why? what did you base this off? Have you seen some of the movies and shows Roberts has been on recently? They are as bad, if not worse, than Y&R.

• Members

There's nothing glittery about Eric Roberts at all. The people who would recognize him don't watch Y&R. I can just hear my aunt now..."Ain't that the one who played in *insert random movie that she saw him in on Spike or USA or...*shudder* a local station...one Saturday afternoon*?"

Same thing for Sean damn Young.

Betty White and Franco were the only two in the last few years who were well-matched to a show and its audience. Betty would have been even better on ATWT if it didn't suck.

• Members

LOL at your aunt AMS. :lol:

JP has a point, and believe it or not, regardless of their comfy financial situations some actors really do in fact enjoy acting. :unsure: Doing a soap is an interesting challenge and good money along the way, especially if you're from primetime or the movies (even if you're a solid C-lister) and the show's kissing your ass and your agent's pushing your (arguable) cache. Look at Joan van Ark, but with the disagreements and her OCD theatre approach to the work, it didn't work out.

I just imagined Eddie Winslow cleaning a glass and doing that *gotcha!* thing with his fingers to the camera.

• Members

This just in:

Tawny Kitaen IN as Jill Foster Abbott!!

This just in:

Omarosa Manigeault Stallworth IN as Drucilla Winters!

Pamela Anderson IN as "little" Abbie Carlton

I figure the show will next start mining reality stars and ex Baywatch stars.

What kills me is that Eric Roberts is playing a temporary lawyer role on Y&R?? This guy can't even nail primetime gigs? Or maybe a parent role on a CW show? What about horror films?

• Members

Yeah, poor out of work actor. He cant seem to land a job... Oh, well except all of this in the past two years-

Art's Demise (2011) (announced) .... Michel Felipe

Sharktopus (2010) (TV) (announced)

4-Bidden (2011) (pre-production) .... Roman Tobias

... aka "4Bidden pt 1" - USA (video title)

The Throwaways (2010) (pre-production) (rumored) .... Mr. Claybourne

The Wayshower: Lord of the Realms (2011) (filming) .... Parley Hinkins

Dante's Inferno Animated (2010) (filming) (voice: English version) .... Dante

Baby O (2010) (post-production) .... Uncle Daddy

First Dog (2010) (post-production) .... President of the United States

Groupie (2010) (completed) .... Angus

Hunt to Kill (2010) (completed) .... Lee Davis

Kingshighway (2010) (completed) .... Frank Monviano

Intent (2010) .... Detective Gordon

The Expendables (2010) .... James Monroe

... aka "Expendables" - Japan (English title)

Enemies Among Us (2010)

Westbrick Murders (2010) .... John

"Heroes" .... Thompson / ... (7 episodes, 2007-2010)

"Crash" .... Seth / ... (13 episodes, 2009)

Archived