Y&R Discussion Week of June 14

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol...thats what she accomplished with this ludicrious story. What you guys see is some compassionate old woman with history to the show. I see some old crow who's been dusted off merely as a plot point to give Jill an excuse to act lik a toddler again and be tied to

for no damn reason. This old woman is about to make a mess of this show and Jill yet again with this latest revealtion. And she really could have spared Jill, Katherine and the rest of us the last few years of nonsense had she told the truth. She lied bc Jill always wanted to be a Chancelor? What type of sense does that make? Considering what the alternative she is about to reveal is, she could have given the daughter she claimed to love, some actual peace ages ago, instead of forcing a fake realtionship between Jill and a woman she absolutely despised. Uugh, she and her silliness cant leave quick enough. I guess we can blame MAB for this

• Members

We could also blame Jack Smith for this as well.

It's hard to blame Liz when it's clear that Maria is pulling this stuff out of her ass. Jill's acts mature compared to some other characters on the show.

I don't know who suggested it but someone said that Jill should still be Liz's daughter. Liz lied about Katherine being Jill's mother so both of them could stop fighting.

• Members

Cheap 21, you just can't fathom the depth of love old time fans have for Liz Foster, just accept it and move on. But having said this, JUST AS I SUSPECTED... they are rushing through all this. I'm about ready to break all my pencils in half! I should be feeling much more emotion out of these scenes, but I'm just not... and after thinking about it, I've come to these conclusions:

1: Scenes are too short. Adam and Shar-dumb get these lengthy fantasy scenes, but Liz on her deathbed can't rate long scenes?

2: Lack of background music. They may fix this later on... but so far, it's quite lackluster.

3: Hasselhoff is downright MANIC in his performances. He has not been able to re-connect with the character. He played the part differently before. What he's doing now is *strange* It's disrupting the flow of the Storyline, somehow.

4: The dialogue itself is fine, there just needs to be more of it... more pregnant pauses, more long reaction shots. The scene with Jeanne and Julianna was superb if it were LONGER.

All I got to say is we BETTER get Nadia's theme and some fuckin flashbacks before the end of the week, or my head's gonna explode. And for the love of GOD... Tomorrow we get Wings Hauser, fresh off the caboose of the Union Pacific. Yes, by all means... bring back the ugliest actor in daytime history, and make him look like he just rolled out of a dumpster!!!! GOOD WORK MAKEUP AND HAIR!

• Members

"None atall," as OLTL's Viki would say. For once, however, I can't blame MAB. It was pretty clear from the jump that Jill-is-Kay's-daughter was a mistake; yet, Jack Smith, Kay Alden and their team did such a thorough job that there was no way to undo w/o clearing some serious hurdles. I might've said that Liz discovered the real truth just before this latest visit to GC, but even that scenario isn't perfect.

• Members

But it still damages Liz's credibility, IMO. Unless knowing the truth jeopardizes lives, deceiving one's daughter about her genealogy just seems like a horrid and cruel thing for a mother to do, and something I don't believe Liz would've been capable of. Bill Foster put his children through enough torture, I think, for her to think twice before lying to Jill about this issue.

• Members

Which is why you leave it alone and generate story from the landscape you inherited, that is if you are a HW with talent and common sense. Instead we have a hack who wants to correct every mistake except her own. I guess if you can't create the next best thing is to rewrite.

• Members

There's nothing wrong with Muhney's beard... it just needs to be TRIMMED. Instead of a groomed, maintained beard, he's just not shaved for 3 weeks. There's a difference. And YES... Hauser looks THAT BAD. He's suppsoed to be a lawyer? I know I'm spoiled on the blinding gorgeousness that is Houghton, but Hauser's HAIR IS NOT EVEN COMBED! They could have put him in a pair of slacks, and TUCKED HIS SHIRT IN.

Archived